Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2008, 01:46 PM

34 posts, read 102,606 times

Advertisements

Now that I am finally house shopping in the Lehigh Valley, I would like to know if anyone has opinion on whether or not well vs public water should be a consideration. My only experience with well water was at my aunt's in upstate NY and how we hated the odor as kids.
Does anyone reading this have a filtration system that works well or any other advice regarding my question?
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 03:06 PM

242 posts, read 833,593 times
Hey Tim,

In all honesty it is not really a big difference. But I much prefer public water of well, the aggreivations with well can be greater. With that said I would not let well water disqualify a property.

Thanks
Jeff

Old 07-14-2008, 06:12 PM

13,248 posts, read 33,351,011 times
We have well water and public sewer. The best of both worlds in my eyes, but I'll go along with what Jeff said, don't let that be the deciding factor. We have a water softener on our system and other neighbors use a reverse-osmosis system. I like the taste (non-taste) of our water.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:55 PM

955 posts, read 4,071,803 times
When we lived in the Lehigh Valley, we built a home near New Tripoli. Our water was fine, no treatment of any kind was needed. We had the water tested every year and never had a problem. No smell whatsoever. When I was growing up, we had well water at my parent's home in western PA. We filtered our water thru a Culligan system. I remember our water always smelled funny, before and after it was filtered. It also had a funny aftertaste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley