Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 05:20 PM
jjj

168 posts, read 819,933 times

Advertisements

Any income worked in any state is tax payable to the State you live in. If you work in NY and live in Bucks county you have to pay Bucks County . Not that big of a deal but it is something to consider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 02:04 PM

84 posts, read 419,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.K. View Post
We need to move to eastern Pa.We are trying to decide whether to go to Lehigh or Bucks Co.Without the benefit of being able to come and drive around,I need advise on the areas.We have pretty much decided on either Central Bucks school district or Southern Lehigh.Does the Center Valley/Upper Saucon Valley have any sort of central town area? Is Coopersburg a nice town? Doylestown seems to be expensive and have a high crime rate.We want a town with a central town area,possibly a community swimming pool,lots of children and kid activities.Any advise and opinions are appreciated! Thanks!
I don't think CV/USV have a central downtown area, but I could be mistaken. Center Valley does have a nice community library, music classes for kids from birth-5, Swim In Zone (an indoor swimming pool that offers lessons as well as open swim times), and the Promenade Shops that just opened last fall. We live in Emmaus which has a very nice downtown with a few local restaurants, and quite a few local shops (plus a movie theater and a farmer's market on Sundays). Emmaus has a community park (among several other parks in the area) with a large pool and kiddie pool. There are lots of kids in the area. I belong to the local MOMS Club (Moms Offering Moms Support) which is mainly for stay-at-home-moms and their younger kids (under 5ish). We have lots of scheduled activities every month so the kids can get together and play. We are in the East Penn School District, which is a great district.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:33 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,519,625 times
Center Valley does not have a downtown area but Coopersburg does. Southern Lehigh School district is comprised of three areas: Center Valley, Coopersburg and Lower Milford. There are 3 elementary schools, one middle school and one high school. A new grades 4-6 building should be completed in the fall of 2009. Houses are the highest in the Lehigh Valley according to the local paper, but lower priced houses are available in Lower Milford township.

There is a small town feel to the area. The third Saturday in September is Community day and a big festival is held in the local park. Farmers market every Saturday in the summer. Huge youth baseball and soccer for all kids. Lacrosse is taking off in MS and HS. Friday nights are football games (team stinks, marching band is great), Soccer team has gone to states the last two years. Halloween parade in October down main street. Caroling in the streets in December, ends with a singing at city hall complete with homemade cookies. Many more chuches then bars. Wednesday night finds kids through age 18 at the local church youth group. Parents groups are active in the schools. Majority of the students go on to four year colleges. Five colleges within 30 minutes, DeSales University is in the school district. Wonderful theatre department.

Promenade shops of Saucon valley just opened in the fall of 2006 with huge theatre and the upscale shops that our newbies missed. Olympus Corporation just moved it's headquarters to Center Valley. Brand new library opened three years ago. And that's Southern Lehigh School district!

Old 04-12-2007, 06:35 PM

13 posts, read 25,537 times
I live in Upper Bucks County, but now after 6 years and a 50% increase in my taxes, I wish I lived in Lehigh County. There are really good schools in both of these counties and they both have towns that have what you are looking for (community pool, kids, activities, etc). I don't feel you can go wrong with choosing either county. My opinion is if you want more affordable housing and lower taxes, go with Lehigh County.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:32 AM

18 posts, read 56,409 times
I live in the lehigh valley and my brother in buck county, although bucks county is more expensive, it is in my opinion much nicer, stay away from allentow at all costs and the south side of bethlehem is horrible, with gangs and all! go for bucks!

Old 04-16-2007, 11:25 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,519,625 times
There is a world of difference between the cities of Allentown, Bethlehem and the rest of Lehigh county. Even one section of the city can be bad and another great. I love going to the north side of Bethlehem and shopping. My church is in West Allentown and it's perfectly safe.
I wouldn't live in either or those cities or Quakertown for that matter, but the surrounding areas are very nice. I've never seen any gangs. You cannot base a whole county on the city areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley