Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2008, 04:03 AM

1,032 posts, read 4,263,111 times

Advertisements

Have you read about this? If all goes to plan, East Penn will have a charter school modeled after another 'green' school in Philly area. I think it's very cool, and will absolutely support it. Natural learning -- themorningcall.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 04:27 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
I think it sounds very interesting too! Too bad that it will open in my son's Junior year of HS.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:59 AM

47 posts, read 161,989 times
My understanding is that they have been trying to get it off the ground for a few years. If they could get it going I would be interested in having my kids attend. I think there is plenty of interest, but there are curriculum issues.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:28 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
I know several kids that tried the Performing Arts Charter school and have switched back to our home school district. The reason given is always lack of rigorous academics at the Charter. For the kids that are really focused on performance though, that school has been a real God send. It seems like the green school would emphasize Science and Math so a rigorous curriculum will be a given.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,969 times
To respond to a few folks who were discussing the proposed green Seven Generations Charter School. I think someone confused us with another charter school that has been unsuccessfully trying to get off the ground for a "few years." We have been methodically working since April 2007 towards getting our charter and hope to be opening in September 2009. We recently were awarded a $50,000 planning grant through the PA State Department of Education. We will be meeting with the East Penn School Board early in December for a public review of our charter application. Additonally, our curriculum is one that will enhance all areas of learning and skill-development, not just science and math. It is based on long-term research which demonstrates that students who use their local community and natural environment as the basis for their learning excel in all academic areas [and their behavior problems decrease, too]. For more information, feel free to access [URL="http://www.sevengen.org"]www.sevengen.org[/URL].

Old 11-08-2008, 02:51 AM

1,032 posts, read 4,263,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilArnold View Post
To respond to a few folks who were discussing the proposed green Seven Generations Charter School. I think someone confused us with another charter school that has been unsuccessfully trying to get off the ground for a "few years." We have been methodically working since April 2007 towards getting our charter and hope to be opening in September 2009. We recently were awarded a $50,000 planning grant through the PA State Department of Education. We will be meeting with the East Penn School Board early in December for a public review of our charter application. Additonally, our curriculum is one that will enhance all areas of learning and skill-development, not just science and math. It is based on long-term research which demonstrates that students who use their local community and natural environment as the basis for their learning excel in all academic areas [and their behavior problems decrease, too]. For more information, feel free to access www.sevengen.org.
I am in the East Penn SD and very interested in this project. Have you secured a location for the school yet? When I speak to other parents about this project, they all are seem hung up on the fact they don't know the location yet. I think once a location is secured and publicized, more parents will sit up and take notice. Keep up the good work - I think it's great!

Old 11-09-2008, 08:41 PM

47 posts, read 161,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilArnold View Post
To respond to a few folks who were discussing the proposed green Seven Generations Charter School. I think someone confused us with another charter school that has been unsuccessfully trying to get off the ground for a "few years." We have been methodically working since April 2007 towards getting our charter and hope to be opening in September 2009. We recently were awarded a $50,000 planning grant through the PA State Department of Education. We will be meeting with the East Penn School Board early in December for a public review of our charter application. Additonally, our curriculum is one that will enhance all areas of learning and skill-development, not just science and math. It is based on long-term research which demonstrates that students who use their local community and natural environment as the basis for their learning excel in all academic areas [and their behavior problems decrease, too]. For more information, feel free to access www.sevengen.org.
Thanks for the great information. I agree that it is a wonderful concept and look forward to seeing everything develop. I have a friend who has signed her kids up for next year and she has been telling me about all of the accomplishments obtained so far. Can't wait to see how it develops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley