U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-12-2008, 08:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,402 times

Advertisements

Hello I am a mother of 4. 3 girls 1 boy ,ages 11,9,5, and 21 months.We are a family of 6 looking for help for the holidays.I never thought i would be in this position. Right now we are having a hard time keeping food on the table as well as paying the bills. So there is very little money left for christmas . I would like to put at least one gift for my children under the tree .If there is anyone out there that can help me or even push me in the right direction on where i could get help it would be so Greatly appreciated. PLEASE email me i can give you further details of our situation. Thank you so very much for taking the time to read my post. I hope to hear from some one soon! God Bless!

Please do not send me Rude comment .If you have nothing nice to say please keep it to your self. There are a lot of people having a very hard time right now. And it does not hurt to ask for help . In the past/present I have Donated many items to needy people.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:02 AM

242 posts, read 567,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtknjd View Post
Hello I am a mother of 4. 3 girls 1 boy ,ages 11,9,5, and 21 months.We are a family of 6 looking for help for the holidays.I never thought i would be in this position. Right now we are having a hard time keeping food on the table as well as paying the bills. So there is very little money left for christmas . I would like to put at least one gift for my children under the tree .If there is anyone out there that can help me or even push me in the right direction on where i could get help it would be so Greatly appreciated. PLEASE email me i can give you further details of our situation. Thank you so very much for taking the time to read my post. I hope to hear from some one soon! God Bless!

Please do not send me Rude comment .If you have nothing nice to say please keep it to your self. There are a lot of people having a very hard time right now. And it does not hurt to ask for help . In the past/present I have Donated many items to needy people.
I will see what I can do.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:07 AM

1,813 posts, read 3,446,981 times
Have you tried reaching out to your local church? I know where I am the churches have trees with kids names on them, and you take a name and it has items the child would like for the holiday. You purchase the items, then return them to the church, which then distributes them. I like this because you have a specific child to buy for and you know they are getting something they want or could use. I think Wal*Mart might also do something similar.

Also, many local biker groups also do toy runs at the holidays, though I think they give the toys to Toys for Tots or similar organizations. I'm not sure how to get onto any of these lists, but places you have donated to in the past might be the place to start asking. They probably don't advertise much, because with this economy, I'm sure they are being overwhelmed.

Also, check local businesses. Sometimes a small business looks for a family or two in the area to have it's employees support for the holiday. Way back when I was in a small company that would 'adopt' a family for the holidays and we'd provide them with food for thanksgiving and food and gifts for the holidays.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I hope that you get some ideas of places to call from this or perhaps people who are doing these things in your area will see this post and contact you. This year is going to be tough on so many and it breaks my heart.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:49 AM

10,382 posts, read 16,668,174 times
Please contact the Salvation Army. Our library is participating in the program that lialleycat is describing with an Angel tree that is run through the Salvation Army.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:10 PM

4 posts, read 8,519 times
Hello just wanted to let you guys know i thank you so very much for trying to help me and my family. I just got released from the hospital on sunday . I went in for a histerectomy I had a few complications but am recovering slowly. again thank you so very much please let me know what i can do to repay you for your generosity. sincerely, shannon

Old 11-18-2008, 03:00 PM

99 posts, read 212,795 times
Shannon, I hope you have had some help since coming home? Please take care of yourself. I will be contacting you when it's closer to Christmas. Just try to get some rest and don't worry about anything!

Old 11-20-2008, 07:37 AM

4 posts, read 8,519 times
Thank you very much for your concern. Yes i have had some help untill yesterday. I am starting to feel a little better but still have a few things going on that i need to take care of Health wise. Its very hard to rest with the baby but i get a little here and there. Again thank you so very much. And god bless you. Sincerely, Shannon

Old 11-22-2008, 05:59 AM

1,024 posts, read 2,857,050 times
What school do your children go to? I know my son's school has an angel network that helps families in need. Just last week I got an e-mail from the angel network asking for clothes and a kitchen table for a family in need.

Best of luck to you - I am sorry things are so tough right now.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:33 PM

13,315 posts, read 13,768,000 times
I love the Angel Tree. Quite a few times in NJ I took a whole family and worked on giving them toys and PJs for each, and something nice for Mom. Sometimes I bought a fresh tree and I'd also tuck in the wrapping paper and tape so the Mom could wrap up the things.....( food was a good idea too)
The one note I got from a Mom was a so heartwarming........It is always good to help those in need.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:21 PM

10,382 posts, read 16,668,174 times
The Second Harvest food bank in Allentown may also be able to help you out. I was looking for their address when I found this link: Welcome to the CACLV Web Site There are several agencies connected with the site, including the shelter mentioned above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley