U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 12:44 PM

2 posts, read 7,760 times

Advertisements

I wanted to share the experience we had. My husband, our Realtor and I stopped in at the model home a few weeks ago to inquire about the homes they had available. The Sales Rep. was Linda and never in my life have we witnessed such rudeness. You would think in this market she would express interest in our home search. She followed us to 2 homes near the park, gave us the keys and walked us in. She then said well I have to get back to the model house so come back with the keys and let me know what you think. She didn't even give us a tour of the homes and or any explanation of the homes. What poor representation for Tuskes and especially for the market we are in right now. We all looked at each other in shock after she left. Not only we were dissapointed with Linda but the home was nothing special. Well we left with that feeling of NOT INTERESTED and dropped off the keys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 12:57 PM

13,315 posts, read 13,768,000 times
I like to be left on my own to discover a home........I'd rather not have someone over my shoulder telling me what type of wood this and that is made of. I take longer in a home......and I feel relaxed.
However I must say that in a Forks, Pa townhome that was pretty much sold out, but the Model was still for sale......we were treated poorly.
What I mean by that is that the sales associate stayed on the phone, had quick, short answers, and we felt immediatley like we were not wanted there.
That was unpleasant, and I wonder if the builder knew the disposition of this realtor.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:11 PM

2 posts, read 7,760 times
I don't like the pressure of the Sales people being with us either. You would think she would have explained the development, models of the home, etc. When we walked in that door she was rude. Not even how are you?, what can I help you with? The sad part is she gave us the keys and said go look at them and gave us directions to the house. Seriously, there was no one at that office and she was sitting in there watching TV. get up and do your job. The sad part is when I called to complain, they said well maybe you just caught her in a bad mood and we get complaints about her. Well we all have bad moods but when it comes to making money in this market you would think she would do her job or they hire another rep. Our Realtor said that she will never take any future clients to this development after what she witnessed.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:07 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,857,050 times
It's probably best - we built a Tuskes home is 2002 and the customer service AFTER we closed on the house was awful!

We have built 2 other new homes, so I have something to compare to - Tuskes was the worst.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:04 AM

9,255 posts, read 7,874,482 times
for homes in the Lehigh Valley...I recommend checking out Greth Homes.

Greth Homes - The Most Trusted Name In New Homes - Building new homes / new home construction in Berks County PA and serving Lancaster, Chester, Bucks, Schuylkill, Lehigh, Montgomery, and Lebanon Counties.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:29 AM

702 posts, read 1,258,661 times
Greth doesn't actually have communities in the Lehigh Valley, they are more of a Berks county builder. However, in my opinion they do build a nice home, much better than Forino or Grande.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 3,746 times
Default Eagles Landing - Nazareth PA

My husband and I bought a Tuskes Home and had a wonderful experience from start to finish. When we went to the model to look at what they had to offer, we were very happy with the response we received from our salesperson. She was very informative and helpful with everything we inquired about. Throughout the building process, we were in constant contact with our salesperson. She was wonderful to work with.
Now two years later, we are still praising Tuskes for how efficiently they handled our warranty issues. We continue to recommend Tuskes to all our friends and family.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:06 PM

194 posts, read 469,609 times
They built those homes with 2 X 4's, what do you expect? Even modular homes are built with 2 X 6's. Anyone who bought in there should have went that route. They will last much longer and the drywall won't be cracking after 2 years. That's a big problem with almost all the new homes around here. These builders through them up with materials that were bought at cut rate prices because they were "last run materials". That means when you go and try to find shingles/sinding if you need it you won't be able too. That's what's so funny about the townhomes thrown up lately those people are pissed because all the homes within 10-15 years will have mixed and matched roofs. That looks horrible and it's going to be a big problem. The other problem is they built these subdivisions on old swamp land that even the farmers that sold them wouldn't plant on. It's so funny! The farmers got rich and the home buyers will be screwed after the homes settle (many already are lawsuits are rising). I have a few friends that sold their homesteads to developers during the early part of this decade,that's why Jaindl sat on the land instead of developing, he knew you shouldn't build there and that's the smartest land owner in PA. Nobody local would buy there and they are loaded with out of towners. You can't blame them because how would they have known without living here all there life. Drive down route 100 and anyone who lived here since say before 1995 would have realized the scandal that was coming. I wonder if the builders have any legal problems after say 5- 10 years, I would guess no. The basements flooding, roofs leaking, windows with major drafts are just the early stages of the huge mess ahead. That's why it's called Bear Swamp!

Old 01-23-2009, 03:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,707 times
In response to dacula:
I would like to introduce myself. I am the Broker and individual responsible for sales at Eagles Landing. After reading your blog, I want to apologize for the unprofessional sales experience you and your husband had. I would ask that you contact me directly so that I can reassure you the experience is not acceptable and also fully demonstrate and inform you of Tuskes Homes. I thank you in advance for contacting me and anxiously wait to discuss and meet. Larry

Last edited by toobusytoday; 01-23-2009 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: removed contact info - please use Direct message

Old 01-23-2009, 05:55 PM

194 posts, read 469,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmscbh View Post
In response to dacula:
I would like to introduce myself. I am the Broker and individual responsible for sales at Eagles Landing. After reading your blog, I want to apologize for the unprofessional sales experience you and your husband had. I would ask that you contact me directly so that I can reassure you the experience is not acceptable and also fully demonstrate and inform you of Tuskes Homes. I thank you in advance for contacting me and anxiously wait to discuss and meet. Larry

Why would homes that cost so much be built with 2 X 4's? How many do you empty, I'll answer that for you, LOTS! How much have the prices come down since the original 1st buyer? I would love to hear that number because after another year of hopeless sales, those prices will be dropping at least 35-40%. I would guess the prices are at least 20% cheaper than the original home sales price.

PS.

Since the real estate industry is in such peril and will be for years and years to come we might need some box pushers/truck loaders. If you interested let me know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley