Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 10:56 PM

2 posts, read 8,057 times

Advertisements

I just moved to the lehigh valley for a short time. I'm having trouble finding some good places to eat, but also just some good breakfast food.

Are there any good diners in the lehigh valley? Particularly 24-hr diners that serve breakfast all day. there's nothing like breakfast at 10 pm to go with some paperwork or a good book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 08:40 AM

117 posts, read 444,540 times
It's not 24 hours but Williams Family Restaurant on William Penn Highway in Easton is hard to beat; and they do have breakfast all day. My wife and I have a hard time eating anywhere else anymore as any of the chain places just end up being more money, pay for it later meals served by people that are more there to socialize than work.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:15 PM

392 posts, read 1,374,024 times
My favorite is the Sunrise Diner on south 4th Street. Great service and great food. If you go to Yelp, you can find reviews of local places.

The Whitehall Diner on MacArthur Road is good (up near the new Wawa)-much better than City View. Very clean.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:55 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,484,541 times
Everyone loves the Coop D - The Coopersburg Diner, right on gridlocked 309 in Coopersburg. Not open 24 hours though.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:13 PM

392 posts, read 1,374,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Everyone loves the Coop D - The Coopersburg Diner, right on gridlocked 309 in Coopersburg. Not open 24 hours though.
Tried to get in there on a sunday morning-no luck. Went to Johns Plain & Fancy diner instead-wasnt impressed.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:44 AM

205 posts, read 820,493 times
The Nazareth Diner is 24/7, it's where 191 meets 248.. the east intersection
Tic Toc is at 2510 Northampton street, just west of 25th street
Key City Diner is in pburg on rt 22 (you need to uturn to get there as is typical NJ fashion), it's 24/7 and is always a fun place
Sheetz and Wawa are 24/7
There are others too, but they're the ones I frequent

Old 04-23-2009, 04:55 PM

347 posts, read 649,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachem View Post
I just moved to the lehigh valley for a short time. I'm having trouble finding some good places to eat, but also just some good breakfast food.

Are there any good diners in the lehigh valley? Particularly 24-hr diners that serve breakfast all day. there's nothing like breakfast at 10 pm to go with some paperwork or a good book.
I ran into the same problem as you recently: insomnia, hunger, the desire to do some good reading of the books I've been neglecting. The problems were, of course:

1) I'm a big eater, and I frequently become hungry. If I'm hungry, I can't concentrate on my reading - all I can think about is food.
2) I only have a bike, so I was limited in my options.
3) I didn't even know what my options were.

Before this past Monday, I only knew of a few 24 hour places close to Bethlehem:
1) WaWa and Pantry One - it's great for decent subs and coffee, but you can't sit anywhere. Plus, the subs get old quickly, especially if you eat sandwiches for lunch everyday anyway.
2) Dunkin Donuts - the coffee's great, the donuts and other food are pretty good, and you can sit. The problem? It gets pretty old quickly.
3) The only 24 diners I knew of at the time: Bethlehem Diner and Queen City Diner.
-Queen City Diner is pretty good, but way too far away from me.
- Bethlehem Diner is not only far away, it sucks big time. Lousy food in general.

So I was in the Union Blvd. area just past the Bethlehem/Allentown border going towards Allentown when I found.....SALVATION. There are three 24-hour diners in the area, and all have not just pretty good food, but cheap food.
1) Golden Gate Diner - I went here last Monday night at around 11pm, and stayed until a bit past 5 am the next day. I had a couple of omelettes, coffee, and a lemonade for about $12 (not including tip). Coffee and soft drinks have free refills.
2) Izzy's Family Restaurant - I only stayed until 1 pm on Tuesday night, mostly because I was tired from the night before. The Gyro Platter I got was just what I needed - huge amounts of food for about $6.50. Coffee and soft drinks have free refills here also.
3) Top Diner and Cocktail Lounge - I haven't tried this place yet, but it offers the same deal as the other two, with the extra bonus of having alcohol available, if that's important to you.

Izzy's offered better coffee than Golden Gate, but Golden Gate offered better service - the waitress was more attentive, and the glasses were larger and cleaner. Both offered good food, but a comparison between omelettes and gyros is apples and oranges.

Either way, I don't think you can do wrong with either of these diners. I got a good 40+ pages of reading done on my book....which was stolen last night along with my backpack by some Puerto Rican douchebag. But that's another topic altogether.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:41 AM

25 posts, read 94,912 times
My diner of choice is Chris's Family Restaurant on Tilghman St. Their banana pancakes are to die for!

Old 05-02-2009, 06:22 PM

102 posts, read 453,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinginasuit View Post
It's not 24 hours but Williams Family Restaurant on William Penn Highway in Easton is hard to beat; and they do have breakfast all day. My wife and I have a hard time eating anywhere else anymore as any of the chain places just end up being more money, pay for it later meals served by people that are more there to socialize than work.
Tried it the other day. It's ok and the price is definitely cheap. I wasn't blown away but I guess I'm not supposed to be. You get your money's worth for sure though.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:27 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,234,001 times
Not exactly lehigh valley, but close by. and awesome!!!

Letterman's Diner
Main St, Kutztown, PA.

You will leave that place beyond full and smelling like grease. awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley