Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2009, 03:03 PM

2 posts, read 3,360 times

Advertisements

IF anyone can help on info with the next step...Im fighting for dbl of my original $975 security deposit. They never showed up and It was ruled in my favor but then I had to get a lawyer and send a complaint then 10 day notice and finally file the default judgement. problem is the day after i filed i got a certified letter from landlords with a complete BS itemized list saying I broke a window etc. duducting a total of $725 leaving me with a check they also sent for $250. Also it is all back dated for 1/20/09. I dont want to accept this, I want to continue for my $2043. What should I do with the check and letter they sent? send it back? BC my lawyer told me to change the memo part on the check they sent! to make it say partial payment towards the $2043 but I would consider that fraud and illegal. So I need other advice that doesnt cost $200 and seem illegal. Also They live in NJ and their prop I rented and myself live in PA. My lawyer also said i had to pay to take it to NJ. how do i do that? and how much does tht cost? is it all worth it? will i ever see the $2043? or should i keep the crappy $250 and 4get it. it seems a waste but a year later im sooo sick of it.

If you have any info that could help I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you
Sarah Mae

Last edited by SarahMae21; 12-10-2009 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: needed fixin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 06:57 PM

135 posts, read 369,917 times
PA has resources available to tenants thats 100% free regarding legal help. Along with that there are webites that offer free advice from lawyers. Check this one out and do some online searching because I know they are plenty of others websites that do this type of thing. I used this type of online source for a legal question a few years back. This one was the 1st one I saw when doing a search.

Free Legal Advice: Legal Questions, Answers and Research on LawGuru.com

Here's another I found. Everything you need to know can be found by doing basic search methods online. Find a few more sites and place a question but dont forget to check out the PA free legal advice for tenant/landlord disputes. There is probably something for Lehigh County also. Do some checking because that would be a nice amount of $$$

http://www.freeadvice.com/

Here's something from HUD. I know there is free PA legal advice for tenants that you can get.

http://www.hud.gov/local/pa/renting/tenantrights.cfm

Old 12-29-2009, 03:45 PM

7 posts, read 16,583 times
I do agree that you shouldn't change anything written on the check or memo area. That doesn't sound like very good advice.

Check with your local bar association - they might be able to suggest resources for you. Good luck.

Last edited by Overwhelmed01; 12-29-2009 at 04:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley