Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 08:46 AM

54 posts, read 125,117 times

Advertisements

This is the townhouse..

http://www.forsalebyowner.com/listing/3A736

I've painted the kitchen walls from purple to a basic white this week so it won't flip anyone out. Actually, I really like living in the house, it convenient and the right amount of space, I'm just tired of being in Lexington and Kentucky in general and want to start fresh somewhere new.

Last edited by mitty13; 08-13-2010 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: bad typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 08:47 AM

Sorry, that was a bad editing job on my part...

Old 08-18-2010, 04:15 PM

116 posts, read 212,422 times
May I ask what's wrong with Lexington? We're from Northern Illinois and were considering a move to either Richmond, KY or Georgetown, KY (to be close to a college for our kids). Should we reconsider?

Old 08-18-2010, 09:04 PM

482 posts, read 844,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettJ View Post
May I ask what's wrong with Lexington? We're from Northern Illinois and were considering a move to either Richmond, KY or Georgetown, KY (to be close to a college for our kids). Should we reconsider?

I do not think there is anything wrong with Lexington.

However living there for 10 years I definately was ready to move.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:22 AM

There's nothing inherently wrong with Lexington. I've lived here for several years and I'm personally really for to move on for various reasons and start fresh somewhere else.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:53 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,743,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettJ View Post

I found the town boring and the local culture based on churches, kinfolk and UK sports not to my taste. You can't even go for a bike ride without taking your life in your hands (or more correctly putting it in the hands of some ying-yang smoking Marlboros and wearing a Winston cap). But I grew up in and lived in Chicago. A person who likes a suburban or rural life might find the place nice. But to live in a state with a creation museum was a bitter pill to swallow.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:21 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,568,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
I found the town boring and the local culture based on churches, kinfolk and UK sports not to my taste. You can't even go for a bike ride without taking your life in your hands (or more correctly putting it in the hands of some ying-yang smoking Marlboros and wearing a Winston cap). But I grew up in and lived in Chicago. A person who likes a suburban or rural life might find the place nice. But to live in a state with a creation museum was a bitter pill to swallow.
Oh dear, it's the same old thing with you over and over and over....

Ok we get it Tommy

Churches? Lexington is no different than other cities when it comes to religion. Every city has churches, churches and more churches. Last I checked Chicago was full of them.

You don't want to live in a state with a creation museum? Oh, I've heard it all now from you!!! Complete nonsense as usual.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:49 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,743,416 times
I see the InLondon program has kicked in again. City Data may want to investigate who has planted this program here; the Lexington Chamber of Commerce perhaps?

Note the unsophisticated nature of the program which cannot formulate a rational argument but argues by mere contradiction and vehement assertion.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:40 AM

I agree with Irishtom that Lexington isn't bike friendly and the obsession over UK basketball is tiresome, especially if you aren't a sports or basketball fan. It also can be really boring and you tend to find yourself having to drive at least an hour to go somewhere else for entertainment. However, it is a nice place to raise a family and there are a lot of family friendly activities that are offered. That's just not my focus and one reason I'm looking to move.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:32 AM

482 posts, read 844,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitty13 View Post
I agree with Irishtom that Lexington isn't bike friendly and the obsession over UK basketball is tiresome, especially if you aren't a sports or basketball fan. It also can be really boring and you tend to find yourself having to drive at least an hour to go somewhere else for entertainment. However, it is a nice place to raise a family and there are a lot of family friendly activities that are offered. That's just not my focus and one reason I'm looking to move.
Exactly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area