U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which state is best?
Kentucky 7 70.00%
Tennesse 3 30.00%
Missouri 0 0%
Kansas 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2010, 06:40 AM

3 posts, read 6,875 times
Default Wanting to buy some land in Lexington, Ky.

I currently live in southern california and I really do hate it here. It's too hot, I hate the earthquakes and the land and homes are too exspensive. So I would like to move where the land is cheaper. But I'm questioning where to go. My big question is about the weather in Lexington. I've read that the humidity is so bad, you can't even go outside.

If so, where is it that the humidity is low and safe to raise a family and good jobs?

I'm not looking to stay on the west side. Looking towards the southern states (not deep south).
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 12:35 PM

925 posts, read 1,545,611 times
There isn't much land in Lexington/Fayette County, if you are talking about having acres that is. You may find that you have more choices and cheaper prices in surrounding counties.

We have humidity, but I don't think it really slows anybody down a lot. We just complain about it and go on.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:38 PM

265 posts, read 276,349 times
The humidity is in KY is tolerable. It's much worse further south.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:58 PM

3 posts, read 6,875 times
kingping: Thats what I've been finding out. Thank you.

LEXpert: Yes I am looking for acreage. Everything I've found so far is coming up on the outskirts of Lexington.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:09 PM

1 posts, read 587 times
I have land for sale in Woodford County (7+ acres) about 15-20 minutes west of downtown Lexington. It has a beautiful view and fenced in. Around great "horse country" Check it out on Justice Real Estate's website. I just returned form Northern Georgia. Humidity is around 90% and temps were over 100 degrees 4 out of the 7 days spent there. Lexington is much more tolerable than Tennesee to the south and other southern states other than the coastal areas.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:23 PM

5,574 posts, read 12,531,406 times
Land + acres within 20 miles of Downtown Lex is very expensive. However there are quite a few averaged sized houses/ yards scattered around that are fairly cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area