Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2010, 08:15 AM

12 posts, read 30,615 times

Advertisements

Hello! I may be moving to Danville-ish area. I would be working at a hospital ideally in food service (am a food service supervisor at the moment) and my fiance would already have a job in Danville. We are looking to pick one of the two areas for at least our first year in the area.

I am inclined to go for Lexington, because I like a bigger area with more arts options (am a playwriting and actor), but I have been hearing good things about Danville because of Centre.

We do not have children currently but will in the next two years, gods willing. We are looking to rent the first year and buy the next.

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 11:56 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,838,993 times
Both Danville and Lexington have much to recommend them, but do consider commuting time and winter weather (we received 3+ inches of snow in the Inner Bluegrass yesterday -early for this part of the world). It takes about an hour to drive from downtown Lexington to downtown Danville - less if you are on the south side of Lexington. Nicholasville is in between, and although it's four-laned, Nicholasville Road (between Lexington and Nicholasville) is notorious for slow-moving traffic and lots of stops, especially at rush hour. At present, US 27 is two-lane south of the Kentucky River, although that will change in a couple of years or so (construction of a new, parallel four-lane road is underway but much remains to be done).

If it's cultural activities that are your deciding factor, either location would work. An occasional drive to a concert or play an hour away is considerably different from a daily commute. Good luck with your decision and your eventual move to Ky.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area