U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-14-2011, 02:12 PM

17 posts, read 51,029 times
Default Moved from Ca. to Danville and thank you

To all who gave me so much input on my move thank you.To all who seem to despise their great state I am sad.After much research over three years and trips to 7 states in that time we chose Kentucky for a multitude of reasons.The economy is stable and becoming more so with it's expansion of manufacturing and technology over agriculture and equines.Cost of living is dramatically lower.Been here in July,August,and now December/January and the climate is very mild.(keep in mind I'm from Southern California too).Above all it has been the genuine kindness of all we've met even as strangers during the WEG.Since we've moved here people have dropped by with food to introduce themselves and invited us to their homes and farms.These are the finest people I've ever met.(I've lived in 13 states)We feel blessed to be here and hope to justify the outpouring of generosity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 05:23 PM

3,374 posts, read 2,370,532 times
Welcome, and thank you for the kind words about our state and its people. I'm glad you're enjoying your new home and hope you'll remain in Kentucky for many years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area