Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2011, 12:27 PM

2 posts, read 2,387 times

Advertisements

My family is in the process of moving to Lexington between now and June. I am not currently working, but will be looking once im settled and husband will be working at the Fayette Mall, so near that area would be perfect. We have two children, middle and high school aged, and are very interested in the best public schools. We are interested in renting a home, condo, duplex or nice sized apartment with a price range from $700 - $1200. Looking for 3+ bedrooms and 2 bathrooms are a must!!! Please let me know where to look online or who to contact and what areas and schools to avoid. Thanks for your help.

Laura
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 02:25 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Paul Laurence Dunbar High School and Lafayette High School both draw their students from the area you are considering. Dunbar has the edge for science, while Lafayette is noted for its good arts and music courses. Jessie Clark Middle School is also in this area and has a good reputation.

Are you looking for older or newer housing? There seem to be a good many rental houses around the size you prefer in the Southland-Twin Oaks area, which is within convenient driving distance to all of the schools above and also is not far from Fayette Mall. Other shopping, schools, and city parks are all within walking distance of this older area, which features 1950s two to four bedroom ranch houses and Cape Cods on fair-sized lots with mature trees. Most of these houses have separate garages, fireplaces, hardwood floors, and some have attics and/or basements.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,387 times
Craigcreek thank you for the reply. I really dont have a preference as to new or older homes. Looking forward to coming to town and looking around for places this next week. Thanks again for your help.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:38 AM

822 posts, read 3,002,498 times
I tend to think in terms of zip codes, so around Fayette, look in 40503 and 40514. Those will all get you into great school districts (you can double check if you find something). I'd avoid heading over to the Tates Creek area (40515). I'm just sticking close to Fayette Mall with these recommendations since I think there are plenty of options close to the mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area