Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2015, 10:56 PM

19 posts, read 59,280 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are relocating to the Lexington area and are looking for a 2+ bedroom rental home in the Lexington area.

Here are the requirements:

-close to UK hospital
-garage (preferably 2-car)
-less than $1250/mo.

What are some good, safe areas to look at that are convenient to the hospital? I've heard so far that the Hamburg, Southland and Chevy Chase areas are nice. Any zip codes you could recommend? 40502, 40503, 40509?

So far in our search we haven't seen many homes available for rent and its looking more like we may have to get a townhome or apartment. We've looked at Hamburg Farms and Grand Reserve at Pinnacle as they both seem pretty nice, have garages, etc. Any other places you could recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 11:50 AM

Does anyone have any input on Anderson Property Management or Reliant Property Management?

We've found some listings through both of these companies, but Anderson gets some bad reviews online.

Any help would be appreciated!

Old 05-13-2015, 01:25 PM

Does anyone have any advice to offer? The two-car garage isn't absolutely necessary, but we'd at least like to find a place with dedicated parking. We really like the 40502 area, but haven't been successful in finding anything yet. We are looking to move at the beginning of June, so need to find something fairly quickly...

Old 05-13-2015, 01:46 PM

409 posts, read 871,655 times
Sorry, I can't really help you as my knowledge of Lexington real Estate is quite limited. I think CraigCreek is a realtor in Lexington and might be someone who can help you. You almost might contact Lexpert. They may have more detailed information.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:42 PM

24 posts, read 44,460 times
Are you referring to Anderson Communities? I rented with them while I was a student at UK...and honestly didn't have the most stellar experience with them. The first year was fine, but the second year they put new people in the office and started making up rules and being generally annoying... We left after the second year and I don't see myself renting with them again.

I live in 40502 and I love it. I am in an apartment though and I am not sure if that is what you are looking for.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:53 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,890,406 times
I'm CraigCreek, but I'm not a realtor. I think there are others here who are realtors, however.

I concur that Southland, Chevy Chase and Hamburg might suit you - the first two are more established neighborhoods than the much newer Hamburg, and Southland is likely to have the least costly housing. Hamburg is farther away from UK than are Southland and Chevy Chase, and is less walkable than either of the other two. All three are close to shopping, but a car would be more necessary in Hamburg. Hamburg has more newer apartments than either Southland or Chevy Chase.

So it's a trade-off, if you select from these three locations. Could you spend some time in Lexington and see for yourself what would suit you best?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area