Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 04:31 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,147,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azetter1 View Post
I moved here from California last year. I work in a hospital and most of our MDs are Indian, Middle Eastern, or Asian. No one really cares! Kentuckians are the nicest people I have been around, and frankly much less discriminatory than the wealthy coastal Californians I was raised around (Santa Barbara native here.)
I agree with you. I keep trying to explain that to people from other areas but they refuse to believe me.

Old 08-21-2017, 03:54 PM

266 posts, read 271,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azetter1 View Post
I moved here from California last year. I work in a hospital and most of our MDs are Indian, Middle Eastern, or Asian. No one really cares! Kentuckians are the nicest people I have been around, and frankly much less discriminatory than the wealthy coastal Californians I was raised around (Santa Barbara native here.)
I lived in Lexington for a long time and have a home in the area. Very friendly area and beautiful area. Heavy Asian influence in a very positive way due to the presence of several Japanese companies such as Toyota, Hitachi etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2022, 05:07 AM

1 posts, read 968 times
Hi Ashish,
We are going to move to Lexington soon. I need your advice where to live and schools. Can I DM you? Thanks

Old 03-13-2022, 10:32 AM

14,767 posts, read 8,097,050 times
In our zip code in Lexington, we may only have 4.5% of our population as Asian...
but it is highest racial percentage of the population except for white.

Link

Old 03-13-2022, 12:49 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,403,116 times
My niece has been accepted openly at UK. She is a New Yorker, grew up and private school in Manhattan with the accent to prove it. She has be welcomed to UK for her Masters degree and found the faculty to be outstanding, Her choice of Masters programs came down to UK in Lexington or Vienna, Austria where her maternal Grandmother was raised during WW2

In all seriousness she is enjoying her first year in Lexington.

Old 03-20-2023, 10:52 AM

76 posts, read 150,832 times
I think you will love the people in Lexington. Every Asian resident I have met here raves about how sweet the people are here. And it's true. People here in Lexington are incredibly friendly. To everybody... gay, straight, TG, Asian, Hispanic, Black, foreign, disabled, old, young, Jewish, Muslim, Indian, Filipino, you name it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
View detailed profiles of: