Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 03:30 PM

92 posts, read 235,130 times

Advertisements

Wow, Hephaestion, so many interesting facts. I want to see all of those towns! I love your knowledge of the different areas. How long have you lived in KY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 01:50 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,568,534 times
Butting in to this helpful thread which has lots of suggestions as I'm thinking of moving to KY, too.

I'm now looking at rental sites to get a sense of the cost of living in the towns mentioned. I'm assuming it would be cheaper living outside the city. However, several of the towns listed are college towns so students usually suck up all the available cheaper housing. Not sure I want to live near an apartment building full of college students.

Edited to add that you should check Zillow's website for rentals. Good search engine with lots of filters. Rentals are surprisingly cheap. However, check the street view on Google maps when you spot one you like. I 'drove' down a street I was interested in and spotted creepy stores with young men hanging out. Yards in the area were unkempt,derelect cars, etc. A shame since there was a really cute house available.

Last edited by PilgrimsProgress; 08-04-2018 at 02:38 PM..

Old 08-05-2018, 10:18 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. May I ask what was the neighborhood you were in that seemed creepy? Although, I don't think any can be as bad as some in Chicago. After hearing over 40 shootings overnight involving gang activity, all I know is I now have an urgency to make it as quick, and as simple of a move as possible.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:17 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,568,534 times
Check out the rentals and when you find one you like, go for a drive via Google street view

Old 08-09-2018, 05:27 AM

17,340 posts, read 11,268,717 times
I bought my airline tickets and will be flying into Lexington the middle of October! Along with enjoying the beautiful fall colors, I'll be spending most of my time in Carlisle and Maysville and hopefully choose between these two towns in deciding where I'll be retiring. I'm definitely already spiritually there.
I'll be staying mostly at Blue Lick Battlefield State Park https://parks.ky.gov/parks/resortparks/blue_licks/

A special Thank You to CraigCreek for all the great information you've provided.

Last edited by marino760; 08-09-2018 at 05:47 AM..

Old 08-09-2018, 06:47 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,891,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I bought my airline tickets and will be flying into Lexington the middle of October! Along with enjoying the beautiful fall colors, I'll be spending most of my time in Carlisle and Maysville and hopefully choose between these two towns in deciding where I'll be retiring. I'm definitely already spiritually there.
I'll be staying mostly at Blue Lick Battlefield State Park https://parks.ky.gov/parks/resortparks/blue_licks/

A special Thank You to CraigCreek for all the great information you've provided.
You're very welcome, and I hope you will enjoy your visit.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post

My birthday is halloween, hopefully my gift to myself will be to be halfway settled. I'm driving in this weekend! Let me know how you like the area. Maybe I can join you in a hiking adventure?

Old 08-09-2018, 10:49 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,891,510 times
Friends, I've received a couple of online "friend" requests here on C-D in the last week or so. Please do not take this personally, but I do not participate in this function, for reasons of privacy, safety, and time and energy constraints.

So if I reject your request, I am not rejecting you personally.

Thanks for understanding, and if you're visiting or moving to the Bluegrass State, welcome!

Old 08-09-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Friends, I've received a couple of online "friend" requests here on C-D in the last week or so. Please do not take this personally, but I do not participate in this function, for reasons of privacy, safety, and time and energy constraints.

Thanks for understanding, and if you're visiting or moving to the Bluegrass State, welcome!
My bad. Thanks again for your information!

Old 08-10-2018, 09:42 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,880,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post

Ah...Mr. Creek...I had my finger on the button. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area