U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 04-04-2008, 05:21 AM
 
458 posts, read 1,617,469 times
Reputation: 97
Default Subdivisions feeding into Stonewall?

On The Lexington Bluegrass Multiple Listing Service when I search by subdivision I am trying to include every subdivision that feeds into Stonewall Elementary. This is what I have so far:

Grasmere
Higbee Woods
Monticello
Rabbit Run
Robinwood
St. Stephen's
Stone Creek
Stonewall Equestrian
Stonewall

What am I missing? What are the houses called that are very close to Shillito Park? I don't think that is Robinwood or Monticello. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-04-2008, 06:34 AM
 
Location: (Lyndon) Louisville KY USA
5,572 posts, read 12,531,406 times
Reputation: 3507
Monticello is probably the closest to Shilito
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2008, 08:00 AM
 
Location: Beautiful Kentucky
820 posts, read 1,846,261 times
Reputation: 507
MicahGirl - I want to say that there's one in between Stonecreek and where you're talking about called "Windsong" or something similar. It only consists of a couple of streets..... I only remember this because of the neighborhood association mailings in my neighborhood use to mention them.

I believe the neighborhood you're talking about consists of mostly smaller garden homes that runs into the apts and Shillito? There probably wouldn't be anything that would be a size fit for your family there, but if I can find out, I'll let you know.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2008, 11:25 AM
 
458 posts, read 1,617,469 times
Reputation: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgirl View Post
MicahGirl - I want to say that there's one in between Stonecreek and where you're talking about called "Windsong" or something similar. It only consists of a couple of streets..... I only remember this because of the neighborhood association mailings in my neighborhood use to mention them.

I believe the neighborhood you're talking about consists of mostly smaller garden homes that runs into the apts and Shillito? There probably wouldn't be anything that would be a size fit for your family there, but if I can find out, I'll let you know.
That little neighborhood with garden homes is the area I'm thinking of--actually not necessarily for me, but in case my in-laws move out here later. I've looked for something like Windsong but can't find it in the listings.

I also just realized that some of Pera Place feeds into Stonewall. So I'll add that to my list.

Thanks for the help.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2008, 02:23 PM
 
Location: Lexington, Ky.
46 posts, read 183,826 times
Reputation: 34
I think you are talking about Man o" War Village, which is the real name, although they may be marketing it as something else.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2008, 04:05 PM
 
Location: Todds Rd. area
925 posts, read 1,545,611 times
Reputation: 248
Yep! That is Man O War village. I hate to say this, but realtors have been known to check the wrong neighborhood on the MLS (lbar.com) when they do data entry. If that is the area you want, I would suggest searching Area 4, leave the neigborhood blank, and seach within the zip code 40503. You will be sure to get all the listings you are looking for that way. The downside is that you will pull up a few that you won't want. I have seen Andover Forest called Andover Hills, Gainesway call Park Hills, etc..........

If you are looking for a specific school district, leave the area and neighborhood blank, but check the school you want.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2008, 05:03 PM
 
458 posts, read 1,617,469 times
Reputation: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXpert View Post
Yep! That is Man O War village. I hate to say this, but realtors have been known to check the wrong neighborhood on the MLS (lbar.com) when they do data entry. If that is the area you want, I would suggest searching Area 4, leave the neigborhood blank, and seach within the zip code 40503. You will be sure to get all the listings you are looking for that way. The downside is that you will pull up a few that you won't want. I have seen Andover Forest called Andover Hills, Gainesway call Park Hills, etc..........

If you are looking for a specific school district, leave the area and neighborhood blank, but check the school you want.
Can you check the school you want on an lbar search?? That would be wonderful.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2008, 05:05 PM
 
458 posts, read 1,617,469 times
Reputation: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartomanlex2 View Post
I think you are talking about Man o" War Village, which is the real name, although they may be marketing it as something else.
I can't find Man o' War Village under lbar subdivisions...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2008, 06:05 PM
 
216 posts, read 348,793 times
Reputation: 108
Actually, lbar and the Realtor use the "common" name for the subdivisions, that which they are marketed by, but the "legal" name, the name on the final plat, is sometimes established years in advance. The zone change for the original "Andover", was called Lochmere(south side of Todds Rd.) and the newer part is platted under Brighton Place(north side of Todds Rd.). They take their name from the Andover Golf Club, which was named after the streets and houses began building. The situation is similar to the development that Ball is doing around Hays Blvd. There are several of around town and it makes it quite confusing.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2008, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Todds Rd. area
925 posts, read 1,545,611 times
Reputation: 248
OOOOOOPS! I haven't done a search on the public side of lbar in a long time. I didn't even know they changed the home page. It doesn't have as much as it seemed to years ago.

I would provide you a link to the 31 listings that have Stonewall as the elementary school, but that would have my contact info on it, so we'll do this the long way. Hope one of these works for you since it is alot of cutting and pasting! These are the MLS#'s:

731089, 733132, 735059, 802361, 716105, 803997, 802308, 733334, 724329, 806426, 800897, 730838, 802584, 731800, 803197, 724051, 805580, 725404, 728897, 804880, 806107, 802466, 805560, 734331, 805945, 801675, 730996, 804013, 722325, 731801, 734234.

All the neighborhoods were Stonewall, Monticello, Stone Creek, Robinwood, Pera Place, St. Stephen's and Rabbit Run, so you have probably seen these. BTW, Avoid that house on Blackhorse. It has synthetic stucco. That is the stuff that made headlines about 15 years ago. The wood framing on people's houses were rotting since that material traps moisture. It works okay in areas with low humidity or on metal framing.

Again, sorry for the mix up on searching on lbar. I guess my $990/year dues get me a few extra perks!
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top