Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 07:00 PM

137 posts, read 448,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
I hope no one minds all the questions. I'd put them all down at once but the ideas keep coming a couple of days apart.

Not counting Starbucks, are there any good coffee shops in Lexington? I'm talking about a place that sells a fantastic, wonderful, over the top cup of really, really great coffee.
I would try Common Grounds off of High Street or Coffee Times Coffee House off of Nicholasville Road. I know what you mean about coffehouses. It is nice to go to a coffee shop that is not a chain. Local coffee houses are so neat and exciting! Some coffee shops are so original and it is a place you can really connect with the local community. Have fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 07:01 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,054,557 times
The only thing I don't like about Coffee Times is that they close so freakin' early! Love everything else about it though.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:05 PM

137 posts, read 448,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelesschild View Post
The only thing I don't like about Coffee Times is that they close so freakin' early! Love everything else about it though.
Yeah, that is true. Good point.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:32 AM

969 posts, read 2,819,875 times
I drink my coffee with nothing in it, so to me it is hard to find a good cup of coffee. So far I like Coffee Times. Places like Starbucks (to me) really aren't about coffee. They are more about things you can do to coffee. Those places have to over-roast their coffee so you can have a "Coffee taste" under all the sugar and syrups they add.

Try the Costa Rican, Kenyan AA, & Dudley's Blend.

I'll probably start a sub-thread here, but I hope everybody knows the coffee bean isn't the pit, but rather the flesh of the cherry from a coffee tree.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:39 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,244,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXpert View Post
Places like Starbucks (to me) really aren't about coffee. They are more about things you can do to coffee. Those places have to over-roast their coffee so you can have a "Coffee taste" under all the sugar and syrups they add.
This is such an excellent point and spot on. I received a Starbucks gift card for Christmas and here it is May and I've only gone once, which just goes to show you that even when it's given away for free, I'm not too impressed.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:44 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,571,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
This is such an excellent point and spot on. I received a Starbucks gift card for Christmas and here it is May and I've only gone once, which just goes to show you that even when it's given away for free, I'm not too impressed.
Ummmm, can I have it.....please?

Old 05-01-2008, 07:28 PM

285 posts, read 901,971 times
This is all good info. I'm always the one that doesn't usually like what the masses do. Starbuck's coffee is so strong I can't even kinda like it however my teenager loves all the never can remember her order!! Its a frappe or latte?? I do brew certain flavor coffees like Chocolate Velvet just black looovveee it.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:03 AM

36 posts, read 128,628 times
Smacky Macky's new coffee drinks are good....................................

Old 06-26-2009, 07:06 AM

36 posts, read 128,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
I haven't found much in Lexington. If you are a coffee fan, come take a visit to Louisville which is bounding with indie coffee shops. Heine Brothers is the most common but Sunergo's is the best. I also like Jackson's Organic, Derby City Espresso, Java, and Day's. Those are the main ones. Some suburbs have their own places too like Coffee Crossing in New Albany. Blue Mountain Coffee downtown has a lounge feel and Jamaican blend coffee. Jenicca's wine bar and coffee downtown is also good. In historic Old Louisville, you will find Old Louisville coffeehouse, which serves Chicago's Intelligentsia coffee quite well. Some great indie shows there too because of its proximity to Spalding and UofL.
I want to go. Call me next time you go and I will go with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area