Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 04:06 PM

27 posts, read 31,884 times

Advertisements

What’s with all the shootings in Lexington I’ve been reading about? It’s making me reconsider moving there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 04:56 PM

17,262 posts, read 11,078,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindysub View Post
What’s with all the shootings in Lexington I’ve been reading about? It’s making me reconsider moving there.
It's growing quickly, too quickly IMO. With fast growth and a higher population usually more crime and more violent crime isn't too far away. I can almost bet now that there will be another overnight shooting or stabbing, almost every night or at least a few times a week. Lexington and it's surrounding towns were the fastest growing area of KY in the 2020 census and it's showing it in a bad way

Old 08-22-2021, 08:35 PM

14,658 posts, read 7,962,587 times
Wow. It's gotten pretty bad. You would think we lived in a major city like New York Or LA.

https://www.lexingtonky.gov/shooting-investigations

Something similar happened several years back (The police Chief said it was the Detroit mob trying to infiltrate the Lexington drug scene and fighting with local drug pushers(sounds like the fourth season of Justified, doesn't it???)...and he said that if you weren't involved in illegal drugs, your chance of being of a victim was pretty slim.)That ended shortly after it began.

I am not sure what the deal is now.
Certain areas seem more effected by this than others. Our area of the city hasn't been effected, at least not yet...but I live way out in the suburbs close to Jessamine County.

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 08-22-2021 at 08:57 PM..

Old 08-23-2021, 04:09 AM

17,262 posts, read 11,078,289 times
I'm watching the Lexington news this morning and sure enough, another rash of shootings over the weekend including last night. 7 people shot over the weekend in 4 separate shootings. It's really a shame and I hope this turns around.

The police must be overwhelmed at this point.

Last edited by marino760; 08-23-2021 at 04:34 AM..

Old 08-23-2021, 06:07 PM

4,522 posts, read 6,211,640 times
"sounds like the fourth season of Justified"...that is what I was thinking....maybe he is watching too much TV ?

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 08-31-2021, 11:52 PM

305 posts, read 210,094 times
It’s weird that literally every time you hear that crime is up in Anytown USA a certain suspect comes to mind.

How sad is that?

Then you look at the statistics and it’s almost invariably true.

To me it’s the most outrageously disturbing fact about our country, and it never gets much better. The war zones keep growing.

Old 09-01-2021, 12:51 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,416,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Wow. It's gotten pretty bad. You would think we lived in a major city like New York Or LA.

https://www.lexingtonky.gov/shooting-investigations

Something similar happened several years back (The police Chief said it was the Detroit mob trying to infiltrate the Lexington drug scene and fighting with local drug pushers(sounds like the fourth season of Justified, doesn't it???)...and he said that if you weren't involved in illegal drugs, your chance of being of a victim was pretty slim.)That ended shortly after it began.

I am not sure what the deal is now.
Certain areas seem more effected by this than others. Our area of the city hasn't been effected, at least not yet...but I live way out in the suburbs close to Jessamine County.
I live in the northern part of KY and can tell you from personal experience, the illegal drug market here is unbelievable, it is literally EVERYWHERE.

I havent used in many many years, but I still see drug activity every day when Im out and about, I dont know why citizens tolerate this, people must have forgotten, we have a federal agency that is supposed to deal with this, (DEA), but at this point, its safe to say, the DEA is working for the drug pushers, that is the only thing to explain whats going on currently...

The only other possibility is that the DEA is not capable of doing its job...either way, citizens should not be tolerating them anymore, they are the enemy imo and likely the cause of all this drug activity.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:59 AM

27 posts, read 31,884 times
I live 40 miles away from Chicago. Please DO NOT let it turn into another Chicago!
Locals need to stand up while you still can.

Old 09-08-2021, 12:20 AM

7,053 posts, read 16,628,808 times
Lex has always been overrated IMO. The crime there was inevitable as it grows. I think this is normal as the city gets bigger and the media will need to adjust.

Old 09-08-2021, 03:57 AM

14,658 posts, read 7,962,587 times
Don't even begin to try to put down Lexington while touting Louisville in regards to crime rate.
Even though there has been a huge increase in violent crime
There is still no comparison. Even in 2021 Louisville still has over double our crime rate. It has more than twice as many violent crimes as the US national average.

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site
Attached Thumbnails
What the heck is going on Lexington?!-2021-compare-cities-crime-louisville-ky  

Last edited by Yac; 09-14-2021 at 11:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area