Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2008, 03:55 PM

30 posts, read 76,904 times

Advertisements

We're considering Beaumont Farms. I've read mixed reviews online. What do you guys think of this complex?

We're also considering Colts Run. Opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 05:40 PM

714 posts, read 1,539,184 times
Um... do you live in Lexington or you are relocationg? The biggest question is do you have children? The school districts are very different. Good News...I think both places are awesome! If I had to choose..I would go with Colts run. But as everyone probably already knows...I love Hamburg..and Colts Run is very close to that. Beaumont Farms is also great and it is closer to the airport, but it just depends on what you are looking for..going to school at UK? job transfer?

Old 05-20-2008, 06:03 PM

Thanks Stephanie.

We have a middle schooler and will have two elementary schoolers in just a few years. Schools are a high priority. I will work at UK as a professor. We're trying to find a nice place to live for 6-12 months and then buy something.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:51 PM

969 posts, read 2,819,481 times
I like the Hamburg area, but I wouldn't live in Colts Run. I don't like the shopping center that is right by it. The shopping center gets alot of foot traffic from the rough area that is behind it. Plus, there is a fire station across from Colts Run. You will hear it everytime somebody dials 911. If you like that part of town, why not also consider the big apartment complex that is on the corner of Todds and Man O War? I forgot the name.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:59 PM

16 posts, read 113,645 times
The fountains?

Old 05-21-2008, 05:11 AM

Any experienced with the maintenance and office staff at Beaumont Farms? Some of the reviews I found were very negative, as if it took forever to have repairs made, etc. There were also some reviews seemed to indicate that they don't do much to make people clean up after their dogs.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:13 AM

The Fountains does not allow dogs, so they're out.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:47 AM

714 posts, read 1,539,184 times
I like Beaumont Farms for your situation. Good schools if they are the ones I am thinking about and you can hit downtown from Harrodsburg Road which is the least busy in my opinion....

I lived in Grand Reserve and loved it (for 4 years) you could try there. It's on the corner (or close to) Tates Creek and Man O War...I was in school at UK during that time and didn't have too much of a problem with traffic.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:56 AM

Thanks Stephanie and everyone else.

One lint-picking question about Beaumont Farms. How is the dog situation there? Specifically, do people really follow the leash law and do a reasonable job picking up droppings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area