U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-27-2008, 03:46 PM

4 posts, read 10,820 times
Default Julia R. Ewan Elementary School

Anybody know what the city is going to use the building for. We recently purchased a house in the Fairway neighborhood, and are now worried what effect the closing of this school will have on our property value.

Thanks for any help.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 05:49 PM

925 posts, read 1,548,157 times
I don't know what the school board plans to do with it. I don't think they can do anything with it that would hurt the value in Fairway. I know you are new to Lexington, but that neighborhood is really desirable and aways will be. If Kenwick (the area across Henry Clay Blvd) didn't bring it down in the 70's and 80's, then I doubt anything will. Now, you may not like what they do with that property, but it won't hurt Fairway.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:50 PM

714 posts, read 985,379 times
hmmm... I did not know that. BUT that area of town is a nice older community and I have seen many remodels and I don't think it will make a huge difference.. As for what they will make of it?? I have no idea.. You might want to check with planning and zoning and see how it is zoned. I hope they don't leave it empty, but as popular as that older are is becoming I can't imagine someone wouldn't scoop that building up.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:00 PM

486 posts, read 1,204,318 times
Hey I'm in the same boat as you. I live in Fairway also but I don't think it will have much of an effect on it- the neighborhood is already very established. As to what will go in there, I hope it just remains a park, but we shall see won't we? I wouldn't worry too much about it though.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:21 PM

4 posts, read 10,820 times
Thanks for the fast replies. Having two young girls (1 and 4), I also hope they keep it as some sort of green space. I hope, at least, that the playground will remain because we bought literally around the corner from there, and that was a big plus for us. I feel our realtor let us down a little by not knowing the school would be closing.

What do you all know about Ashland Elementary (where my girls will be going now that this school has closed)?

Old 03-06-2009, 11:45 PM

3 posts, read 7,850 times
Does anyone know what the school board is planning on doing with Julia R. Ewan Elementary School? Any updates? Thank you.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:57 AM

889 posts, read 1,913,324 times
It likely will be sold. The zoning for that area will control what they put there. If they put town homes the zoning would have to be changed. So my guess is single family residences.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:22 AM

3 posts, read 7,850 times
Thank you lexingtongal. Do you know what they are using it for now? Do you think the school board would tell me what they are planning to use the property for?

Old 03-07-2009, 03:15 PM

889 posts, read 1,913,324 times
You can ask. The board members are generally very responsive.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,361 times
it is being auctioned in april... [url=http://www.fcps.net/news/press-releases/2008-09/ewan-sale]Julia R. Ewan Elementary property up for sale[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area