U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2008, 02:02 PM

13 posts, read 51,952 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, new to the forum. Will be separating from the military and moving to Lexington. Curious though if there are places to stay in like long term hotels or maybe even apartments that can rent for a few months? There is a place in NC (ValuePlace) that was $169/wk rather new too. There are none in Lex though.

You guys have any suggestions of places to stay until we completely lock down jobs and a have a house chosen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 11:37 PM

714 posts, read 1,367,127 times
There is an extended stay on Tates Creek..??..If it's still there. Also, I used to live at the Grand Reserve and they used to rent out certain apartments for situations such as this/by the week, don't know for sure about either.

I had a met a military friend once about a year ago that lived at the Holiday Inn North for about six months. There is a service in Lexington that helps executives during relocation and I am sorry to say I can't think of what the name of it is, but they have relationships with a lot of apartment complexes in Lexington. I'm sure since its military they would help. If I think of the name I will let you know.

And most importantly. Thank you for your service!

Old 07-10-2008, 11:45 PM

714 posts, read 1,367,127 times
Well what do you know I had to google until I found it...it was driving me crazy. Wouldn't you know it's called

Lexington Relocation Services Relocation Services in Lexington, Kentucky - Lexington Relocation Services

Old 07-12-2008, 02:20 PM

Thanks for the quick info!

I checked out that link. It did seem very helpful but... after calling and talking to a sales rep the cheapest they had was about $1900/mo for a one bedroom fully furnished apartment.

I'm not extremely cheap (ok maybe a little) but that is way out of my price range

Can anyone else help me out?

Old 07-13-2008, 02:59 PM

688 posts, read 2,723,749 times
Many local apartment complexes will do short term leases with a monthly premium (usually $30-50/month or so). But they aren't usually furnished, so not sure if that is an issue.

There are several of the Extended Stay brand hotels in the area, and they usually come out to about $35/night.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlschr0 View Post
Many local apartment complexes will do short term leases with a monthly premium (usually $30-50/month or so). But they aren't usually furnished, so not sure if that is an issue.

There are several of the Extended Stay brand hotels in the area, and they usually come out to about $35/night.

Thanks I'll look into short term leases. Im curious though to how it would work setting up electric, water and cable etc if it is only two months or so?

Also, I called extended stay and they came out to much more than 35 a night. Actually, it was almost double. Do different extended stays have different prices?

On an off topic... Seeing Lexington first hand was awesome. This site is great but the pics really dont do it justice. Everything looked so new from the malls to the downtown area. I was impressed!

Old 07-13-2008, 06:42 PM

688 posts, read 2,723,749 times
That is a good point about the utilities, although I guess there are some that do have all utilities included.

When we relocated here, we were lucky to find a small privately owned home that included all utilities for three months until our house was ready. We only paid about $500/month. It was pretty basic, but it worked for us for a few months. I think we actually found it in the college newspaper for UK: KY Kernel or maybe Ace Weekly? ACE Weekly Newspaper - Your newsweekly for Lexington Kentucky - Front Page / Home

Also, I looked up the Extended Stay online and if you put in a long-term stay (I put it in for two months), it came up with a range from about $35-40/night for the three properties in Lexington. The Nicholasville Rd location was the cheapest of the three. When you talked with them on the phone, did you mention that it was long-term? If you just get a generic nightly rate from their website, they are almost $70/night, but if you put in long dates it gives a much cheaper rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area