Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2008, 08:19 PM

2 posts, read 9,438 times

Advertisements

I was wandering what neighborhoods or individual homes in lexington have the most lavish christmas decorations. There was a big white house on Chinoe that always had crazy christmas decorations, but its for sale now, and no decorations are up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 04:27 AM

891 posts, read 3,053,139 times
Hartland usually has a lot of decorated houses.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:27 AM

458 posts, read 2,290,214 times
Default Firehouse 20 Harrodsburg and Arrowhead

The lights here are great. They are animated to go along with music you can hear on your radio:

Christmas Lights Display:Linus and Lucy

Old 12-04-2008, 09:48 AM

486 posts, read 1,897,256 times
There's a house on Chinoe Road near the Chinoe Shopping Center with great decorations every year. It's a white house at the bottom of a hill. Coming from Alumni Drive towards the shopping center, it's on the left side maybe 3/4 a mile down the road. Hartland and Andover usually have good decorations as well.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:51 AM

2 posts, read 9,438 times
the house on chinoe isnt decorated this year...probably because it is for sale.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:48 PM

270 posts, read 934,828 times
Yes, the owner of the Chinoe "Christmas House", Ron Turner, bought a huge, gorgeous house in Frankfort last year and moved there. It's a shame, though. I'm just a couple of blocks from the Christmas House and I always looked forward to his decorations. After his plane crash, though, it may have been just too much to keep up with.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:55 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,571,892 times
The house on Chinoe is still supposed to be decked out, according to something I read somewhere stating that they still had plans to decorate. It seems like the house was only going to be for sale for a certain period and then they would take it off the market if it didn't sell. I think I read it in the Herald-Leader Homeseller section.

Anyway, Beaumont Reserve, Hartland and lots of neighborhoods have lavishly decorated homes.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:02 PM

270 posts, read 934,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
The house on Chinoe is still supposed to be decked out, according to something I read somewhere stating that they still had plans to decorate. It seems like the house was only going to be for sale for a certain period and then they would take it off the market if it didn't sell. I think I read it in the Herald-Leader Homeseller section.

Anyway, Beaumont Reserve, Hartland and lots of neighborhoods have lavishly decorated homes.
Perhaps the house did sell and the new owners decided not to decorate?

I've been through Beaumont Reserve and you're right -- beautifully decorated homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area