U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-07-2008, 05:32 PM

154 posts, read 359,140 times

Advertisements

Oh and btw, im not a party person.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 05:43 PM

270 posts, read 625,841 times
Raintree is very close to Stony Brooke. Not a terrible property, but wouldn't be my first pick. Lakepointe is somewhat close to the other two, still on Richmond Road, but inside of New Circle. It's on a dead-end street and adjacent to the Lexington Reservoir (or "lake"). It's in an area that is being redeveloped. The Landings apartments that are behind Lakepointe are being renovated and sold as condos. If I had to choose between Raintree and Lakepointe, I'd go with Lakepointe. (FYI, Lakepointe, The Mansion and Steeplechase are virtually identical cousins of each other -- I'm guessing that the same developer built all 3 complexes).

But, of all the ones you've mentioned, I still don't think any of them are as good a choice as Chinoe Creek. You can't beat the neighborhood -- it's an upper middle-class to upper class neighborhood and very safe. Plus the convenience to shopping and New Circle make it one you should definitely look into.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:56 PM

Is the Raintree/Lakepoint area safe? I looked at the Chinoe Creek but thats just a little out of my budget.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:01 PM

30 posts, read 53,704 times
I live in The Mansion right now. The apartments are really nice (granted, I live in a newly renovated unit). If you choose a newly renovated apartment, it comes with new carpet, hard wood floors in the bathrooms and kitchen, and new appliances (dishwasher, refrigerator, washer and dryer). The only problem I had was actually getting the washer and dryer, but that's only because we moved in right after they were done finishing it. The rest of the time they're already there when you move in. It's also really close to everything...the farthest I have to drive for anything is to go to work, which is only about 2 miles away. Groceries, shopping, and entertainment can all be found within a mile. It's also really quiet here, with a mixed demographic. There are lots of young people, but some middle-age and older as well. No utilities are included, but my roommate and I hardly every have to turn on our heat. The pool and hot tub are really nice, and if you have a dog, there's a huge field where you can let him/her run around and play. The landscaping is pretty....I never feel like I live in a concrete jungle. If you decide to move here, or want to see a furnished apartment (they'll show you an empty one) let me know!

Old 12-07-2008, 06:01 PM

I think the Raintree/Lakepointe area is relatively safe - you could definitely do worse. Of course, crime can happen in any neighborhood. I think the Raintree area is more "walkable" and is adjacent to a big Kroger store, a movie theater, and several restaurants. It also has an indoor pool, which is a selling point for some folks. On the other hand, Lakepointe offers the "lake" area and is a bit less traveled. I will say that I see several Lexington police cars parked at Raintree, so I'm guessing there's a few cops that live there (the apartment complexes typically will offer reduced rent to officers).

Raintree underwent a minor exterior renovation in the past couple of years, so it has pretty decent curb appeal. I'm not sure if the interiors were redone or not. And I don't know if Lakepointe has had a similar renovation.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaP730 View Post
I live in The Mansion right now. The apartments are really nice (granted, I live in a newly renovated unit). If you choose a newly renovated apartment, it comes with new carpet, hard wood floors in the bathrooms and kitchen, and new appliances (dishwasher, refrigerator, washer and dryer). The only problem I had was actually getting the washer and dryer, but that's only because we moved in right after they were done finishing it. The rest of the time they're already there when you move in. It's also really close to everything...the farthest I have to drive for anything is to go to work, which is only about 2 miles away. Groceries, shopping, and entertainment can all be found within a mile. It's also really quiet here, with a mixed demographic. There are lots of young people, but some middle-age and older as well. No utilities are included, but my roommate and I hardly every have to turn on our heat. The pool and hot tub are really nice, and if you have a dog, there's a huge field where you can let him/her run around and play. The landscaping is pretty....I never feel like I live in a concrete jungle. If you decide to move here, or want to see a furnished apartment (they'll show you an empty one) let me know!
I had a friend that lived at The Mansion in the 90s, and I remember the landscaping being very pretty then. Glad to hear they've kept it up. I also remember several nights in that hot tub!

Personally, the biggest drawback for me would be the Nicholasville Road traffic -- especially at this time of the year with Fayette Mall right across the street! Although, I'm sure it's nice to be so close to everything.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtrees_are_kool View Post
Is the Raintree/Lakepoint area safe? I looked at the Chinoe Creek but thats just a little out of my budget.

Raintree can be a little loud in my opinion - but I'm not sure about safety. I don't think they have a problem with break-ins, but there are definitely safer/nicer places to live for the price they ask for. Also, if you're going to have friends visiting you, I know Raintree has permit parking and are not shy at all about towing cars.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtony View Post
I had a friend that lived at The Mansion in the 90s, and I remember the landscaping being very pretty then. Glad to hear they've kept it up. I also remember several nights in that hot tub!

Personally, the biggest drawback for me would be the Nicholasville Road traffic -- especially at this time of the year with Fayette Mall right across the street! Although, I'm sure it's nice to be so close to everything.

I was dreading the traffic too...but it's really not that bad. You can easily turn right (if traffic is heavy, someone is always nice and lets me out), and if you need to turn left, just wait for the light at Tiverton to turn red.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:07 PM

How much you your utilities at the mansion?

Old 12-07-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtrees_are_kool View Post
How much you your utilities at the mansion?

Electric runs about $75 in the winter, our water is around $30 (not bad for a 2 br/2 bath with a washer and dryer and dishwasher), and the sewage and trash total around $10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area