Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 07:46 PM

8 posts, read 23,696 times

Advertisements

New to Lexington and looking for Veterinarian recommendations. We live over near the Hamburg area. Thank
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 08:09 PM

486 posts, read 1,896,569 times
I use Chevy Chase Animal Clinic on Euclid Avenue just by the Kroger grocery store. Dr. Eric Headley does a wonderful job and I wouldn't trust my cat to anyone else ! I know it's not the closest vet to Hamburg, but honestly you can be anywhere in Lexington in 15 minutes or so.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:39 PM

822 posts, read 3,001,836 times
Oh my goodness, I also use Chevy Chase. Dr. Headley is possibly the best vet I have ever encountered and I have encountered a lot of vets (and a lot of excellent vets).

Old 12-10-2008, 10:27 PM

714 posts, read 1,538,942 times
I don't know if this is ok to post here, but since we are talking about pets in Lexington I think everyone should look at this site. An anti-chaining law is in the works for Lexington. I till ask my friend at LHS who is really good in Lex, but it looks like you have 2 votes for Chevy Chase

What are your thoughts?

www.speakoutandrescue.org

Old 12-11-2008, 06:40 AM

270 posts, read 934,537 times
I was also looking for a new vet, so based on these recommendations, I just called and made an appointment for Monday! (Trudy was so nice on the phone, and it seems their costs are lower than my previous vet).

I had previously used Romany Road Animal Clinic for many years, but they kept changing vets over the last 5 years, and the latest one I do not care for at all -- when Dr. Gravatte and Dr. Fraebel were there, I loved them. But this new doctor (Donworthy) I have not been impressed with, which is why I decided to go elsewhere.

I hope my experience with Dr. Headley is as positive as teebird's and blossom's!

Old 12-11-2008, 06:43 AM

891 posts, read 3,052,115 times
We use Dr. Headley for our 2 cats and our dog. He is great! I love his staff too!
btw-Dr Gravatte has a mobile vet service. I used him before Dr Headley and really liked him and the convenience of him coming to our house. However, I had a cat that suddenly became very ill and realized I needed an actual clinic to take him to. I called Chevy Chase the morning my cat got ill and they got him right in. I had never been there but their concern and compassion made a huge impression on me. My cat subsequently died and they made a donation to the Lexington Humane Society in his honor.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtongal View Post
We use Dr. Headley for our 2 cats and our dog. He is great! I love his staff too!
btw-Dr Gravatte has a mobile vet service. I used him before Dr Headley and really liked him and the convenience of him coming to our house. However, I had a cat that suddenly became very ill and realized I needed an actual clinic to take him to. I called Chevy Chase the morning my cat got ill and they got him right in. I had never been there but their concern and compassion made a huge impression on me. My cat subsequently died and they made a donation to the Lexington Humane Society in his honor.
Wow, that's really impressive! Now I really feel good about my decision to take my cat to the Chevy Chase Animal Clinic! I had considered going to the Lexington Hospital for Cats (since they specialize in felines), but their prices are a little steep for me, as compared to other vets.

Thanks to all for the recommendation!

Old 12-15-2008, 11:01 AM

Well, I just wanted to follow up ... I had my appointment at Chevy Chase Animal Clinic today. I was hoping to see Dr. Headley (because so many of you have made positive comments about him), but I ended up getting Dr. Donna Piercy. She was incredibly nice and professional and was very good with my cat. I'm really glad I went there! Thanks for the recommendations.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:38 PM

822 posts, read 3,001,836 times
Yes, I had wanted to add that she is also excellent! I saw her for routine care and I have seen Dr. Headley (just by chance) for emergencies or "problem" visits, so he made more of an impression for that reason. When I saw her, I had just adopted my senior Brittany Spaniel from Grant County animal shelter. She was just the most miserable looking dog (I mean, beautiful, but a total mess - old, stained fur, limping, etc.). I said to her "have I done the right thing?" and she said "you've done a good thing here, you've saved this dog's life".

Old 12-16-2008, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossom4792 View Post
Yes, I had wanted to add that she is also excellent! I saw her for routine care and I have seen Dr. Headley (just by chance) for emergencies or "problem" visits, so he made more of an impression for that reason. When I saw her, I had just adopted my senior Brittany Spaniel from Grant County animal shelter. She was just the most miserable looking dog (I mean, beautiful, but a total mess - old, stained fur, limping, etc.). I said to her "have I done the right thing?" and she said "you've done a good thing here, you've saved this dog's life".
We had a similar conversation about my cat. She asked me where I got him and how long ago. I told her that he was a rescue from the Lexington Humane Society and she commended me for going that route. I could really feel her compassion for animals, which is important to me because I have a real soft spot for animals, too.

Hope your Brittany is doing well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area