Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 02:17 AM

2 posts, read 9,197 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Lexington and have chosen Stoney Brooke apartments as my new home. I have not sent a deposit yet and am having second thoughts about the area being too close to retail and industrial buildings. I was wondering if this is a safe area because I am a single woman living alone. I have also considered Saddlebrook at Tates Creek and wanted to know if the Tates Creek and New Circle Rd area is a better area than Stoney Brooke. If anyone has any info on either of these apartments it would really be appreciated!! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 11:41 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,570,478 times
If it's near Kirklevington Dr, I would look elsewhere. Since you mentioned Tates Creek Rd & New Circle.

Old 03-09-2009, 11:44 AM

I think Stoney Brooke is on North Mt Tabor Rd. That's close to Woodhill, and that's not a very good area of town.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:27 PM

844 posts, read 2,101,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
If it's near Kirklevington Dr, I would look elsewhere. Since you mentioned Tates Creek Rd & New Circle.
Is that a bad area? I drove by a few times looking for a new place to live. Seemed "okay" but you can never tell by driving by.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkme View Post
Is that a bad area? I drove by a few times looking for a new place to live. Seemed "okay" but you can never tell by driving by.
It's not really too bad, but it's not good either basically. There's only a few areas to avoid on the Southside of Lexington. This is one of those areas.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:55 PM

2 posts, read 9,197 times
Thanks InLondon! I have cancelled with Stoney Brooke and will continue my search.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:39 AM

324 posts, read 1,138,543 times
Stay away from kirklevington....Kirklevington Hills Apartments in particular.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:49 AM

270 posts, read 934,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexnewgirl View Post
Thanks InLondon! I have cancelled with Stoney Brooke and will continue my search.
If an affordable apartment in a great location is what you're looking for, I would recommend Chinoe Creek Apartments (859-268-1903). Here's a link to their page on the Lexington Apartment Guide: Lexington,KY apartment community details and pictures Chinoe Creek

The Chinoe Road neighborhood is VERY safe, and there's a nice small-ish strip shopping mall across the street, with a full-service Kroger, an upscale restaurant (Rossi's), Subway, Movie Gallery, fun neighborhood pub, liquor store, hair salon, etc. Really, almost everything you need right at your fingertips.

Good luck on your move!

Old 03-13-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtony View Post
If an affordable apartment in a great location is what you're looking for, I would recommend Chinoe Creek Apartments (859-268-1903). Here's a link to their page on the Lexington Apartment Guide: Lexington,KY apartment community details and pictures Chinoe Creek

The Chinoe Road neighborhood is VERY safe, and there's a nice small-ish strip shopping mall across the street, with a full-service Kroger, an upscale restaurant (Rossi's), Subway, Movie Gallery, fun neighborhood pub, liquor store, hair salon, etc. Really, almost everything you need right at your fingertips.

Good luck on your move!
Agreed, the Chinoe Road area is very safe, clean and an all around nice area!

Old 03-18-2009, 12:41 AM

3 posts, read 8,395 times
Default Ms

Stoney Brooke apartments is at Man-o-War & Armstrong Mill. This area is adjacent to Hartland subdivision. I consider this to be a very safe area. I own a home in the vicinity so I cannot speak to the specifics of the apartment complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area