Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 12:30 PM

127 posts, read 355,431 times

Advertisements

Back in CT i used to DJ on my colleges radio station 107.7 wfcs. I was the program director for electronic music. I used to spin House, trance, Hard house, breaks, progressive, whatever I could get my hands on. It was a small college format station, but I am looking to get back into DJing, but I don't know of any radio stations around here (besides UK), that would allow walk-ins. UKs station is full. Transylvania? Any others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 04:03 PM

18 posts, read 81,203 times
hey whats up man? welcome to ky...
HOME of almost nooooooo real DJS!

I've always dj'd even though I'll admit I'm not great b/c of time constraints and not being able to afford my own equipment just until 3 year ago ... the scene around here is none! clubs do not care about djs that mix ... who ever is good friends with the bouncer/owners get the gigs ... its all who you know!

You will have a lot more luck trying to get something going in l-ville!

what equipment do you have/use ?

I might have some used turntables/mixers you might be intereseted in ...

you can email me @ mike579uk@yahoo.com - Plus do you spin vinyl or cds ...

by the way i live in frankfort - which is between lex and l-ville ... no dj scene here at all ! ! !

Old 03-20-2009, 06:13 AM

127 posts, read 355,431 times
Vinyl!!!! Must keep the vinyl ALIVE! Yeah, I have been here for 3 years, and I realize there is zero electronic scene. Thats why i was looking for a local college station to spin at. I have never done a gig, I always just do it for fun

I use Stanton St-100 or 150s, not exactly sure. They work for me and the house!

Old 03-26-2011, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,018 times
Looking for DJ's visit us at [url=http://wix.com/undergrounddarkness/underground_darkness]Underground Darkness Radio[/url]

Are you sick of drama in the internet radio world? Come join us today.We are Drama Free. We here at Underground Darkness Are looking for new Dj's to come help us out.We recently did some house cleaning as we like to call it. We are looking for fresh faces! We do not pay. We stream at 128kbs/44.1kkhz. We just opened our station up to the world. The broadcaster we use is sam's. We mainly play Rock, Metal and rap. If you are interested, please email me at [email]underground.darkness.radio@gmail.com[/email] and i can instruct you on how to fill out a DJ Application. Thank You For reading this.

We are a small Station as of right now. We are perfect if you are Looking for a place to just relax. Now don't get me wrong. Our main goal is to make this station Large and in charge. However we need you're help first. We play mostly Goth, Punk, Metal and Heavy Metal. However you can always sprinkle in your own taste. Our schedule is pretty much wide open right now. So time slots shouldn't be a problem.

DJ Darkness
Owner / DJ

Here are the requirements.

 You must be 18+
 Windows Xp or Higher
 512mb's of ram or Higher
 1.0 GHZ Cpu or Higher
 Dedicated Cable or high speed internet (No Wireless.)
 MP3's Enough to fill a three hour time slot.
 Sam Broadcaster 4
 Team viewer
 Skype
 A good attitude and work ethic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area