Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2009, 11:45 AM

5 posts, read 87,620 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am an Indian student, coming to University of Kentucky, Lexington as a summer intern. I have my flight till louisville. Could some one please tell me how I could reach Lexington from there. Please tell me all the options and the associated price.

Thank you in anticipation.
Manjeet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 12:07 PM

270 posts, read 934,537 times
Manjeet,

You might try this ground transportation service: Executive Transportation System

It looks like they have airport shuttle service between Louisville and Lexington at a cost of $85 per person.

Your other options would be taxi service, which would probably be much more expensive, or you could do a one-way car rental from the Louisville airport.

Good luck with your trip and enjoy your visit to Lexington!

Old 03-29-2009, 02:38 AM

Hey Lexingtony,

Thanks for your reply. I believe it gonna help me a lot.

Manjeet.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:42 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,734,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtony View Post
Manjeet,

You might try this ground transportation service: Executive Transportation System

It looks like they have airport shuttle service between Louisville and Lexington at a cost of $85 per person.

Your other options would be taxi service, which would probably be much more expensive, or you could do a one-way car rental from the Louisville airport.

Good luck with your trip and enjoy your visit to Lexington!
......or you can take Greyhound at less than half that price. manjeet, see my post in the louisville forum.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:37 PM

270 posts, read 934,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
......or you can take Greyhound at less than half that price. manjeet, see my post in the louisville forum.
Yes, that is an option that I hadn't thought of. In taking a quick look at the Greyhound web site, it looks like it's about a 5 hour trip with a layover in Cincinnati, and the cost is about $30. The Lexington Greyhound bus terminal is at 477 W. New Circle Road, across from North Park Shopping Center, between Russell Cave Rd. and Boardwalk.

If the cost is your primary factor, you might choose this option. If you'd rather not spend 5 hours on a trip that normally would take about 90 minutes max, then you might consider an option with a more direct route to Lexington.

Safe travels!

Old 04-10-2009, 06:04 PM

141 posts, read 752,183 times
Why not just get a rental car in Louisville and drive an hour on I-64 to Lexington? Cheap, quick, easy.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:35 PM

914 posts, read 1,982,701 times
One-way care rentals are outrageous. Typically anywhere from 3-6 times the cost of a round trip rental.

I would follow lexingtony's advice and pay the $85 one-way cost at the link provided. The other option is to look into flying into Lexington (LEX) instead of Louisville. That way someone affiliated with the internship could either pick you up or you could take a taxi for $10 or $15.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:15 AM

I would like to thank you all of you for your helping advice, I'll think about every available option.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:43 AM

1 posts, read 22,795 times
You may check this website as well they provide cheapest rate from/to Louisville Lexington
or Cincinnati. [url=http://www.lexingtontaxiservices.com]Lexington Taxi Services is a safe,reliable taxi cab company in lexington kentucky[/url] or [url=http://www.calllts.com]www.calllts.com[/url] thet Have the cheapest taxi rides for long distance trips or simply call 859-305-1213
Hope this helps !

Old 11-08-2010, 05:51 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,077,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachidsi View Post
You may check this website as well they provide cheapest rate from/to Louisville Lexington
or Cincinnati. thet Have the cheapest taxi rides for long distance trips or simply call Hope this helps !
Based on the OP's timeline, he was asking about LAST summer ('09).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area