Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 06:58 AM

6,451 posts, read 9,812,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Don't worry about it. They definitely had their feelings hurt.

My feelings are not hurt in the least. I'm not racist and nor do I try and frequent clubs that are only white. When me and the wife go out we go out.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:03 PM

138 posts, read 304,959 times
Roxi there is nothing there in lexington for people of color other than the hole in the wall places an everytime we did get something nice they tore it down,we would party in Cincinnati or Louisville,KY.had racism befor you came there they try to play it down,but go to Hazard,Paintsville an some of these other area's it is very much alive in KY. you are either bending or kissing to make it in this town it is in all you know I will leave it there I won't say to much some are scared to say anthing they figure if you don't say anything let it go, but welcome to a step back in time.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:40 AM

82 posts, read 346,036 times
It seems this population is continually being struck by one catastrophe after another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek-CwbiPeZI

Last edited by fatherjohnson; 12-25-2009 at 01:01 AM..

Old 12-25-2009, 09:08 AM

184 posts, read 447,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherjohnson View Post
It seems this population is continually being struck by one catastrophe after another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek-CwbiPeZI
I just want to quote this so anybody thinking of relocating to Lexington knows what they are in for. This is the local humor. As you can see it takes somebody living across the country to point this out while the locals sit back and laugh. Unless this is your idea of funny think hard about your decision to move there.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:44 AM

32 posts, read 74,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
No, it is not the same. A black person who has no hate for a white person and simply wants to socialize with other black people is not the same as a skinhead that goes to a skinhead club to socialize with other skinheds who are obviously racist and hateful people. It's nice to know that you had neighbors that freaked out when a black family moved in, I can only imagine the conversation you had with them as you discovered this. Nice to know that people on your street or in your neighborhood are racist (being freaked out by a black family moving in) or simply ignorant and bigoted. Thanks for revealing that about your neighborhood. Kinda have to wonder about people with "Lightning" in their screenname on these issues.
Swap the words black and white in your post, and you would be the first one to scream racism.

Old 12-25-2009, 05:44 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,488,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightiesfan View Post
I just want to quote this so anybody thinking of relocating to Lexington knows what they are in for. This is the local humor. As you can see it takes somebody living across the country to point this out while the locals sit back and laugh. Unless this is your idea of funny think hard about your decision to move there.
Quoted for truth.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:03 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,751,326 times
Interesting to see the racists here accusing the OP of racism. This is what I call the "Goebbels Twist"; a tactic wherein the sinner accuses the sinned against of being the real sinner. When it's done brazenly and with sufficient vehemence some fools are persuaded by this practice.

Unlike Goebbels, who despite his wickedness was a very intelligent and perceptive man, many who practice this have a sophomoric mentality marked by thinking that an appreciation for cheap (and false) irony and superficial paradox indicate intellectual depth. They think they're far more clever than they are; like the guy who goes to the auto show and asks an attractive model in a display if she's standard equipment with the car.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Interesting to see the racists here accusing the OP of racism. This is what I call the "Goebbels Twist"; a tactic wherein the sinner accuses the sinned against of being the real sinner. When it's done brazenly and with sufficient vehemence some fools are persuaded by this practice.

Unlike Goebbels, who despite his wickedness was a very intelligent and perceptive man, many who practice this have a sophomoric mentality marked by thinking that an appreciation for cheap (and false) irony and superficial paradox indicate intellectual depth. They think they're far more clever than they are; like the guy who goes to the auto show and asks an attractive model in a display if she's standard equipment with the car.

nope not a racist at all, just pointing out that it works both ways! Thats what SOME people can't admit lol

Old 12-29-2009, 01:53 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,751,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
nope not a racist at all, just pointing out that it works both ways! Thats what SOME people can't admit lol

Sure you're being racist, otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up. Being somewhat racist myself at times (even though I know it's wrong) I recognize a racist argument when I see it.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Sure you're being racist, otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up. Being somewhat racist myself at times (even though I know it's wrong) I recognize a racist argument when I see it.

Need to get those eyes checked then lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area