Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 07:59 PM

141 posts, read 545,404 times

Advertisements

Hi, I need some help.

My husband and I are looking to buy something. We have totally different ideas of what would be an "ideal" place to live. He wants something rural, with no road noise, at least a few couple acres, and not no houses near by. I want something in a neighborhood or subdivision, want to be part of a community, and don't want to be far from stuff, ie. gorcery stores, retautants, things to do, etc., in otherwords, I like convienecne. I also want me kids to have other kids nearby to play with, and be able to participate in activites, sports, etc without it being a 30 min drive, etc. Also, I work at St. Joes and he works near St. Joe East.

So we've compromised on trying to find a neighborhood with bigger lots (1-2 acres) but somewhere off of any main roads where you can't see or hear the road. I'd like to be in Fayette County for the schools, but will compromise for Nicholasville too. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on something that might suit our needs. We'd ideally like to buy a lot and build something ourselves, and can probably spend up to 800,000 with lot and house together

So far, we've looked at:
1.Walnut Grove Estates- I actually loved this neighborhood. A LITTLE far from "stuff" but not too bad. Would probably take me forever to get to work though.
2.Barkley Woods in Nicholasville- beautiful, peaceful, but probably just too far from anything for me. Hubby LOVES it
3.Keene Manor- Hubby doesn't want to be on a gold course because people walking around property, etc.
4.Forest Hills- Nicholasville: ok, but still far for me, and kind of a small neighborhood so still not many people around, maybe not enough kids for our kids to play with, etc.
5. Harrods Ridge- houses too close together for Hubby

Any other suggestions?? Anyone know anything about Champions, Legacy Estates, Clays Crossing, or Patchen Wilkes? Or anything else you can think of that's a neighborhood, but with lots 1-2 acres?

THANKS! We're going crazy over here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 08:49 PM

218 posts, read 637,153 times
You will not find anything of the 1-2 acres size in Fayette County unless it is a remnant lot. Nothing if that size has been created within the Urban Service Area(USA) in the past 35 years and nothing of that size is allowed outside the the USA (40 acre minimum). Even areas in Northern Jessamine County have a limitation of 5 acres when outside a new subdivision.

The Walnut Grove Estates lots are 100' x 100' with a lot of H O A Space surrounding them. Also check the fire ratings, since the water mains in the area are a bit small. I, myself, would not chance it.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:28 PM

891 posts, read 3,052,937 times
It may be too small for you to consider but the Lakeview area has many homes with 1/2 acre lots. Close enough to all amenities but quiet. Lots of the yards have many trees which helps with privacy. Good school district, close to the lake so lots of ducks fly by.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:51 PM

822 posts, read 3,002,498 times
The only other neighborhood that comes to my mind is Greenbrier up in 40509 (names like Bahama and Antigua).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area