Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 08:23 AM

3 posts, read 9,070 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating to the Little Rock area with my husband who is in the Air Force. Its only a temporary move (August thru March), but I need some info on the surrounding towns of LRAFB.
I've searched the forum, but most of the information out there is very dated.
We were looking at Jacksonville, Sherwood and Cabot.
I'm hoping to find a job waiting tables/ bartending at a restaurant, and i've read that North Little Rock would be my best bet to find a job, and Sherwood is right in the middle of both.
I've also heard that it would be kind of tough to find a job in Cabot because of its size.
*Note i say i'm looking to wait tables, but i'm open for anything. I've bartended for 3 years and i only need something tempoarily, and would hate to give an employer and awesome employee for only a short time period hehe jk.

Also who are the electric and cable providers in that area? What are ball park figure of rates?
We are a young couple just starting out, we dont like the club scene but we do like to go out for drinks (margarita's are my weakness), what is there to do in LR?

The move is fast approaching, so any information would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 03:09 AM

837 posts, read 2,243,884 times
Sherwood would be a good choice, it's close to both LRAFB for your husband and Little Rock/North Little Rock for you. you could also live in LR/NLR, it'd be a reverse commute for him and it's not too far at all. and there are a lot more options in LR/NLR than in Sherwood, both in jobs for you and in places to drink margaritas!

electricity is Entergy, cable is Comcast. I've got Directv so I can't help you with the cable rates, and electricity usage can really vary between different types and sizes of homes.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:38 AM

369 posts, read 1,298,399 times
Sherwood definetly sounds like the best bet for you guys since he'll be at the Air Force Base and you'll likely find a job in North Little Rock. I'm assuming that you guys don't have any school-age children, and if that is the case then maybe even consider Jacksonville. The only problem with that is that your commute would suck on most days - it gets kind of crazy where Highway 67/167 and I-440 intersects (Sherwood/Jacksonville border) during rush hour. Other than Cabot(dry county), all of these towns have spots that you'll be able to hang out at for drinks, but of course they are more concentrated in North Little Rock and Little Rock. Look up Little Rock's River Market District and there are plenty spots out there that I think that you guys would enjoy that aren't too "club-like". Good luck, and welcome to the northside!

Old 08-04-2010, 11:31 AM

3 posts, read 9,070 times
thanks for the help! i decided on Sherwood, move there in a week! yay... hope i enjoy my time in AR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area