U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-19-2010, 11:45 AM

4 posts, read 20,592 times
Default photo shoot location ideas

hello all...
i'm a new photographer in the central AR area and need suggestions on outdoor photo shoot locations. obviously, downtown LR is a great place to start. however, i am looking for places with a lot of GREEN - green fields, trees, bushes... things that look natural and clean. looking on the little rock parks & recreation website, there are a LOT of parks in the area - but i don't exactly have the time (or patience!) to try and locate all of these parks. does anyone have any suggestions on a great park for a casual photo shoot - where i won't have a bunch of junk in the background?

i'm also looking for a train track where i can pose models and perhaps an old looking bridge on a dirt or gravel country road that overlooks a small creek or something.

anywhere in the central AR area is fine. i'm in sherwood but don't mind traveling for a great spot.

thanks!
mk
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 12:13 PM

838 posts, read 1,331,011 times
Not sure about the train track, but for a lot of greenery I'd recommend Alsopp and Knoop. Fourche Creek is also lovely, and the Old Mill is very cool. Also, Pinnacle Mountain and vicinity.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:54 PM

thanks so much for your help! i'll check these places out this weekend!
much appreciated.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:59 PM

2,459 posts, read 3,283,168 times
I fully agree with jenni-b, but I think you will find more variety (except RR) at Pinnacle. Drive all the park roads and it is a constantly changing scene. I do not know of any central AR RR scenes, but could take you to some great RR locations in west Clark and east Pike Counties. But we are talking about a two hour drive (one way). If you want more specifics you may send me a DR and we can discuss it.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:04 PM

I forgot, there some old steel truss bridges, on country roads, in Clark County south west of Arkadelphia. But again, there is travel time involved.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:27 PM

Look at the Arkansas Link and the Thread EXPLORING ARKANSAS, and Post #84, and you will see the RR scene I referred to, there are other scenes in other sections of this specific RR.

Oh! I don't want to be a "wet blanket", but in AR this time of the year the "green stuff" is full of very hungry ticks

Old 07-20-2010, 06:16 AM

327 posts, read 697,377 times
Maybe in Burns Park near the Big Dam Bridge?

Old 07-20-2010, 08:20 AM

Thanks you guys. Pinnacle area seems to be a high recommendation, so I will be sure to check that out. As far as travel time goes, I don't think I'd want to drive more than an hour outside of the LR area unless a client is okay with that. I may check out the RR areas on my own sometime.

I try not to spend too much time in one area, so HOPEFULLY the ticks won't have a chance to bite...I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled. I hate those suckers! (no pun intended)

Thanks again for everyone's tremendous help and input.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meagank View Post
Thanks you guys. Pinnacle area seems to be a high recommendation, so I will be sure to check that out. As far as travel time goes, I don't think I'd want to drive more than an hour outside of the LR area unless a client is okay with that. I may check out the RR areas on my own sometime.

I try not to spend too much time in one area, so HOPEFULLY the ticks won't have a chance to bite...I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled. I hate those suckers! (no pun intended)

Thanks again for everyone's tremendous help and input.
I didn't think the drive time would be feasible but wanted to make you aware of the possibilities. There probably are RR scenes closer to LR (that will not get you run over by a train) that I don't know about. Good luck

Old 07-21-2014, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 331 times
I live here in little rock as well and love to take photos. If you are still here you can go by Alsopp park and a little ways down past cantrel is a train track I like to go sometimes. Also another great place is a trail inside of Alospp that leads to this place that has a small creek and a bridge right over it. I hope you enjoy and take great pictures. (Ad also downtown has some cool abandoned buildings)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area