Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 08:38 PM

38 posts, read 197,765 times

Advertisements

Wow, so one place in Benton is all? I've noticed DiCarlo's on the highway and wondered about it. I'll definitely give it a try.

It's good to know that the area by the softball fields is a good one. I wasn't sure because it seems most of the new development is happening on the other side of I-30. I kind of like being away from all of that, though.

Do you have any tips on the morning commute to LR? I work near the capitol. What about sports leagues for kids? Are they run through the Boys and Girls Club?

I really appreciate your helping me out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 09:12 PM

4 posts, read 20,783 times
Yeah, Dizzy's is it, but they have great food and ambience and it's locally owned. I bet Chili's, Applebee's, etc. aren't too far behind with the liquor license. Dizzy's only got theirs a few months ago. Lexington is another neighborhood near Cherry Creek.

As far as driving to the Capitol, Shobe Road dumps out at the access road next to the Hyundai dealership. ...Now that I think of it, you would not be far from the County Line/Di'Carlo's/liquor store at that point. I-30 Speedway is also there for some good downhome redneck fun! Mark Martin of NASCAR used to race there.

Back to the morning drive... Now that the Highway Dept has widened I-30 to 3 lanes each way coming from Saline County, the morning rush has been much more bearable. Barring any accidents or bad weather, the only slow-down you might encounter is approaching the I-430 interchange with 30. It's pretty smooth sailing to downtown after that. You can decide whether you like taking the Cantrell exit to Downtown LR from I-30 or changing to I-630 and exiting Chester or Woodrow near the Capitol.

Sports: depends on the age of your kids. My son has done Upwards basketball and soccer, and there's also cheerleading and touch football. I think that goes up to age 11 or 12. Bryant as a city has baseball/softball of different age leagues that competes around the state and usually does really well. Hey the Cal Ripken 6-year-olds won state this year! I would also recommend the swim team. I don't know if it's City or what, but you can check with Alderman Allan Dabbs at his office 653-2225, since his wife knows ALL about the team. They practice at Longhills Country Club until the new huge-mongous multi-recreation is finished at Bishop Park on Boone Road. Whenever sign-ups are on for sports, you can just about count on it being displayed on a sign somewhere around the intersection of Highway 5 North and Reynolds Road (that's near Arvest Bank).

School sports don't start until the 8th grade at Bryant Schools. Once the kids are that old, I know first-hand that Bryant has a top-notch Cross Country team. (Track team is just "meh.") Football at Bryant is also really good. They've gone to the playoffs a few times and even won at least one since we've lived around here. Oh but their rival with Benton is INTENSE. It's worth going to the Salt Bowl to see them meet each year, whether you have kids going there or not.

When do you plan on moving? We actually just bought last month in Benton (just moved one subdivision over), so we're familiar with the realty market right now.

Anything else, I'll be glad to help.

Shelli
BentOnBenton.com
SalineCounty.ning.com

Old 03-10-2009, 09:16 AM

61 posts, read 213,527 times
Default no bad in bryant

All of the places your looking for a home are the right places. Mills Park is nice. Further up from Mills Road around the Southern Baptist church I would consider that area a little more rundown and older than any of the other areas in bryant. Past the bridge off Reynolds I would stay away from that area.

There are no "unsafe" areas in Bryant. Some areas that are just older!! Which look kinda scary!! But the people here are great. Youll run into some jerks just like this lady who honked at me the other day on Reynolds b/c I pulled up in line at the stop light and she was in McDonals waiting to turn right and I appartently didnt leave her enough room so she honked at me and proceeded to tell me about. Im usually more considerate than this and was just having a bad day so I thought that was rude. Sorry that had nothing to do with the thread but maybe shell read it and feel bad =)

Good luck house hunting =)

Old 03-10-2009, 09:40 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,314,479 times
Um, this person was house-hunting a year and a half ago. I'd bet he/she has found a house by now.

Old 03-17-2009, 05:28 PM

369 posts, read 1,302,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strumpeace View Post
Um, this person was house-hunting a year and a half ago. I'd bet he/she has found a house by now.
He/she likely discovered that there are no "bad" parts of Bryant at all, but there are however a couple of somewhat shady areas of Benton but even those areas are not horrible. Since the Benton side is older and somewhat more established than Bryant, it is understandable that it has a couple of run down neighborhoods, but there is nowhere in Saline County where you will need to fear for your life.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:53 PM

837 posts, read 2,248,974 times
Unless it's on the railroad tracks.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:19 PM

55 posts, read 100,608 times
I didn't know there was a bad part of Bryant

Old 03-26-2009, 11:21 AM

61 posts, read 213,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strumpeace View Post

Well thanks there Captain Obvious!! Others will have the same question and read the thread. Do you go though looking to correct people all the time or was this post just special!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area