U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 08:30 PM

7 posts, read 8,916 times

Advertisements

Hey There!
I've been reading through a lot of posts about where to live around Little Rock and have received some great advice. My husband will be starting law school in the Fall. Would North Little Rock/Sherwood be the best area to live? Would traveling from WLR be a long commute? I am just trying to get an idea of where to look for a place to live. I don't know where I will be working yet, but the law school will be a def. destination for him everyday. We are both young professionals in our mid-20s, no kids, and would like a place that is safe and not infiltrated with undergrads. Thanks for the help!

Noel

GO NOLES!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 10:00 PM

24 posts, read 32,566 times
Downtown/Quapaw area would make your commute less hectic. None of the commutes you mentioned are over 20-30 minutes during the busiest of traffic. There may be alot of young folk in the downton area. Are you looking for apartments or houses? This will make a big difference. What is your price range?

Old 03-06-2011, 09:04 PM

838 posts, read 1,399,159 times
yeah, you're not going to have a bad commute from anywhere in the LR/NLR area. even from Conway or Saline County or the other suburbs it isn't too bad by the standards of larger cities.

so you can choose your neighborhood by the type of homes and amenities you enjoy, not by the length of your drive!

Old 03-07-2011, 08:38 AM

2 posts, read 2,849 times
My friend just graduated from UALR Law and had a great experience. There are some nice areas that are fairly close to the Law School. You might look at Cammack Village and Hillcrest if you want to be really close. West Little Rock is a very nice area and the commute is under 15 min. Some nice neighborhoods in west LR include Villages of Wellington, Woodlands Edge & the Ranch. Little Rock is so small that there are very few long commutes. Maumelle is nice but the commute is frustrating. Good luck house hunting.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:01 AM

838 posts, read 1,399,159 times
or if you want to be REALLY close, the River Market or Quapaw, or even Argenta.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:10 PM

12,439 posts, read 5,776,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONOLES View Post
Hey There!
I've been reading through a lot of posts about where to live around Little Rock and have received some great advice. My husband will be starting law school in the Fall. Would North Little Rock/Sherwood be the best area to live? Would traveling from WLR be a long commute? I am just trying to get an idea of where to look for a place to live. I don't know where I will be working yet, but the law school will be a def. destination for him everyday. We are both young professionals in our mid-20s, no kids, and would like a place that is safe and not infiltrated with undergrads. Thanks for the help!

Noel

GO NOLES!
Good apartments around the riverModerator cut: off topic.

Last edited by Kimballette; 03-13-2011 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 03-19-2011, 12:17 PM

Does anyone know anything about River Pointe Apartments in North Little Rock?

Old 03-19-2011, 04:32 PM

24 posts, read 32,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONOLES View Post
Does anyone know anything about River Pointe Apartments in North Little Rock?
Yes. I have a friend who just moved from there. They are ok, but not somewhere I would live. That complex is located in NLR on Maumelle Blvd. Go a little futher down the Blvd and there are some super nice apartments, but not the ones behind the new police station.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:00 PM

4 posts, read 9,043 times
I'm finishing up at UALR Law this May, and I have lived in the Hillcrest area for the last two years and loved it. The neighborhood is very quiet and I have never felt anything but safe. We are within walking distance of all of the bar/restaurants on Kavanaugh, so it makes it nice to not have to deal with the driving into downtown or WLR. My commute takes anywhere from 12-15 minutes taking either Markham or 630.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:53 PM

We are looking for an apartment that isn't college focused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area