Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2011, 07:51 PM

7 posts, read 14,096 times

Advertisements

Hello again,

I was wondering if anyone could give suggestions of apartment complexes that you or someone you know lives in that is super awesome for a young married couple. We are looking over in West Little Rock but are willing to lookother places if they are safe and not filled with college students. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 09:25 PM

697 posts, read 1,775,178 times
Gonoles,
I'm not quite as familiar with west Little Rock apartments, but I can provide a couple suggestions to tour there and a few in Riverdale as well.

West Little Rock:
Calais Apartments- They're just off Napa Valley Drive and are a sprawling complex on a beautiful hillside there in west Little Rock. I have a friend living there now in a nicely renovated 2 bedroom apartment with a large balcony facing the woods (and a decent view). I was amazed how quiet it is around there- the woods give you a nice natural buffer and there's very little road noise. His unit is pretty quiet, his neighbors seem nice enough, and the complex has all the normal amenities, fireplaces in some units, a variety of floorplans, and security systems in the apartment. Prices are very reasonable for how roomy the apartments are. They have discounts for employees of several major employers in the area too, so you or your spouse might qualify you for a discount.
MAA - Calais Forest

Turtle Creek apartments: Same general area as Calais Forest. Nicely renovated apartments with high quality finishes and reasonable prices. I don't know anyone that lives there off the top of my head, but I've toured them and was pretty impressed.
Turtle Creek Apartments | Gallery | Apartments for Rent in Little Rock, AR

Riverdale:
I'm a big fan of the Riverdale area for it's proximity to parks and trails, high concentration of young professionals and higher-end renters, and relatively easy access to everywhere while being right on the bank of the Arkansas river and having some of the best views in town.

Rivercliff apartments- I loved these when I toured. The complex has a lot of history, and the views are absolutely the best of any apartment complex in Little Rock. Availability is limited since they have a lot of long-term residents, but the units they were able to show us were roomy, as close to soundproof as you can get, and nicely renovated with high end finishes. The grounds were beautiful and the clubhouse area was busy with activities when I was there. They tend to be a bit pricey compared to a lot of places, but I do think you get what you pay for with Rivercliff.
Rent an apartment in Little Rock Arkansas. The Rivercliff Apartments are located in Central Arkansas rivercliffapts.com

The Residences at Riverdale- One of my favorite apartment complexes in the area due to the layout of the apartments. They're extremely spacious and have very home-like layouts compared to most apartments. The complex is brand new and features covered parking, RFID secure access to the buildings, and balcony units (along with the normal amenities like a gym, pool, grills in the courtyard, etc.). Pricing is a little higher than some, but the units are brand new, roomy, and have high quality finishes.
Residences at Riverdale - Welcome | Apartments - Little Rock, AR

The Park at Riverdale:
Like the last two suggestions, also very nice and caters to the higher end renter. The apartments were quite nice with attractive finishes, and the layout was a bit more home-like and would have been suitable for entertaining in some of the two bedroom units I looked at. Prices were on the higher side of things, but they were offering pretty good promotional rates/discounts when we looked to compete with the Residences at Riverdale, which is just down the street. Grounds and landscaping are very well done, and the clubhouse is very nice. Parking is gated and like the Residences and Rivercliff, there are a lot of nice cars in the lot so I assume it's quite safe.
The Park at Riverdale

Riverwalk- I almost ended up living here. Riverwalk apartments aren't quite as fancy as the last two suggestions, but they're clean, quite nice overall, and roomy. The location is literally right on the bank of the River and they have two pools, one of which is built up and overlooking the river (and there are grills and chaise lounges and tables and such up there too if you wanted to entertain on the riverbank). The clubhouse is nice and it has the usual amenities, as well as tennis courts in one of the courtyards. They have remodeled units available, but when I was looking availability was tight and they only had non-remodeled units open. That said, they were still pretty nice and well-kept. The two bedroom I looked at had a fireplace and a large balcony with a sliding glass door in the living room. Prices are reasonable and there are a variety of floorplans available. They also have a preferred employer program that offers discounts.
Riverwalk - Apartments for Rent in Little Rock, AR | Home

I hope that helps and gives you a place to start! Good luck with your search (and let us know how things go).

EDIT: I just saw the other thread that mentions your husband is starting law school. Take a look at the Riverdale area- it's conveniently located to everything and should be a quicker trip to the Bowen School than west Little Rock would be.

Last edited by thewizard16; 04-04-2011 at 09:33 PM..

Old 04-04-2011, 11:55 PM

24 posts, read 56,298 times
The Park at Riverdale and Riverwalk are wonderful places to live. I have lived in both. There is a younger professional crowd, but not college students. It is right on the river.... beautiful area, and will be much closer to the law school than West Little Rock.

I would advise agaist Calasis or Turtle Creek. Right next door is a income qualified complex and it is nothing but trouble. Bristol Park aka Pistol Park is the name! Police have so many calls out that way, it has been said the owners are thinking about closing the complex down. There are also a couple of complex's down the road that house a tough crowd. If you insist in living in West Little Rock, find one in/around the Highway 10/Chenal area. You can visit any apartment finder website and get a list.

I would suggest you move to the Riverdale area. It is perfect for young couples. Sooo much to do, and you will feel safe for the most part. You won't be sorry. If you have a chance visit and compare the two areas. You will see the difference.

How much are you wanting to spend monthly? Many of the apartments in the Riverdale area are higher on the rent scale. River Park and Brightwaters both are on Riverfront Dr and have reasonable rent.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:37 PM

7 posts, read 14,096 times
Wow. Thank you both so much. When we visit I we will make sure to check this area of town out. This is such incredible information. We aren't stuck on WLR, just have read good things about it, so thanks for the heads up on Riverdale. I will make sure to update yall as things move along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area