U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 05:53 PM

2,457 posts, read 6,438,689 times

Advertisements

I'm seeing new yard signs and also in other places that state "Rent to Own". This sounds like a great idea. If you are required to move to another city and can't sell your present home in the present marker, why not rent it and let the rent apply toward the purchase price when the renter gets into the position where they can buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 11:07 PM

19,270 posts, read 24,166,002 times
If you see some, could you let me know? A relative is looking for that situation in LR.
It is a good idea, especially in a slow market.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
If you see some, could you let me know? A relative is looking for that situation in LR.
It is a good idea, especially in a slow market.
The last one I saw was in west L.R. off Chenal Parkway. Coming from L.R., westbound, go to 14300 Chenal Parkway and turn left onto Pride Valley (in front of Parkway Village), go to top of hill and watch for "sign on a stick" on the left. Eastbound on Chenal Parkway go to 14400 Chenal Parkway and turn right on Pride Valley and again watch for sign on top of hill. The next time I'm in the neighborhood I'll see if there is a phone # and pass it on.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:50 PM

Thanks Slim! what type of home is it?

My take on the proliferation of this sort of deal - in Arkansas and elsewhere, is that the banks have tightened their policies and are not giving loans as easily as they once did.
In fact, I wonder if right now I would even qualify to own my own home if I were to apply now,
The Sub-prime mortgage industry was a catastrophe. No one can deny that. But because of the scarcity of conventional bank funding, sellers are having to think outside the box, and resort to owner financing, or rent with option.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:00 PM

O.K., I went by today and there is no phone # but the address is 511 Bay Wood, L.R. 72211 and at the top of the hill where the sign is located is Bay Wood, to the left. I drove by the house and recognized it. If your family goes to find it, follow Bay Wood around the curve, up the hill, and it is at an intersection on the left. In the past ten years it has been on the market many times and has stood vacant from time-to-time. I seem to remember at one time it appeared someone was doing some interior work on it. So, if your family looks and is interested in it, I would strongly suggest they get a Home Inspector to look at it. It is well worth the money, and if they hire them they are working for them, but if the real estate agent hires they, they will be working for the seller. Without going into details, my daughter has used them several times and will not make a purchase without them.

If you have any specific questions you may send me a DM and I'll help any way I can.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:10 PM

Welll, after all that I didn't write what type home it is It's on a hillside with a garage on the lower level on one side, and probably a storage area. Sitting here trying to remember, I'm not sure if it has one or two floors above that, but the front entry is also on ground level on another side, but on a higher elevation. If it has one floor it probably is about 1,700 square feet, but if two of course it would be about double that.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:04 AM

Arkansas Slim, some well deserved rep for you! I will DM you and tell my brother to check it out.!

Old 10-07-2011, 03:38 PM

Yesterday I saw some people looking at it.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:37 PM

It appears someone has moved into this house. I still think it is a unique concept and possibly a way to sell a house in this down market.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,680 times
if anyone can please help me me and my husband are wanting to move to the greenbrier/conway area with our two kids we are currently living in harrison ar and if anyone can please help me find a good apartment complex or house around 400-500 i would greatly appreciate it ... thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area