Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2012, 05:25 PM

9 posts, read 34,945 times

Advertisements

Can't find anything on the topic....

Friday I received a letter from the unemployment office stating that I have filed a fraudulent claim, and that I was not laid off due to lack of work, but instead discharged. This is not the case. I have been drawing unemployment now for 5 months. I know from working with my previous employer that when an initial claim is filed, the employer receives a notice and what they say determines your eligibility....

I was found eligible.

Why now is this occurring? Could it be a clerical error? The letter is basically accusing me of fraud, which is scary in itself. I assume also that I will not get my unemployment during this pending state. Is that correct? Has anyone experienced this?

I know that I need to fill the letter out and return it, but this all just seems to be ridiculous. I don't know if I need to visit my previous employer and ask them what's going on! In frantic mode. My husband works but does not make enough to cover the bills as I am the "bread winner" of the household.

Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated!!!

Victoria

Old 05-13-2012, 07:39 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,377,582 times
I would go directly to the employment office to see if the letter is legit. It could be a scam trying to get personal info. And I would do that the first thing tomorrow morning!

Old 05-13-2012, 07:55 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,158,736 times
You might want to ask about this in the Unemployment forum, as there are many people on that forum who work in various agencies and have great information. Your problem may not be Arkansas-specific, though I understand that's where you live. Good luck to you.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:08 PM

9 posts, read 34,945 times
Sorry about that, Kim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area