U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 10-28-2012, 09:03 AM
 
Location: Malvern, AR
15 posts, read 15,863 times
Reputation: 46
Default Benton Town Center

A new 800,000 sq ft residential and retail area will soon be developed at exit 114 on I-30 in Benton. According to the info from the City Council meeting, there is indeed a shopping center going in at that location & the developer of the center already has letters of intent from several companies. This will be huge for the area, and good for me, as it's only 25 miles away.

Companies Rumored to Go In -
Macy's, IKEA, Hobby Lobby, Dave & Buster's, AQ Chicken, Eureka Pizza

Benton Town Center PDF -
http://www.theretailconnection.net/u...6101735056.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-28-2012, 03:34 PM
 
Location: Little Rock AR USA
2,459 posts, read 3,283,168 times
Reputation: 1629
That's great and I happy for the area, but I hope (and I'm sure) they are planning on lots of fill dirt going onto that flood plane. I've seen five feet of river water on that property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2012, 10:37 AM
 
3,284 posts, read 2,222,021 times
Reputation: 5224
Too bad this "town center" isn't actually IN the town center, i.e. the old courthouse square downtown. It would be nice to see the historic buildings rehabbed and repurposed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2012, 11:38 AM
 
Location: Little Rock AR USA
2,459 posts, read 3,283,168 times
Reputation: 1629
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
That's great and I happy for the area, but I hope (and I'm sure) they are planning on lots of fill dirt going onto that flood plane. I've seen five feet of river water on that property.
Well, now that I've taken a closer look at the map, I can't decide where it's located.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2012, 10:17 PM
 
Location: Little Rock AR USA
2,459 posts, read 3,283,168 times
Reputation: 1629
Well, I finally figured out where it is going , and it looks like they are going to have to take down a small mountain to get it ready .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2012, 10:03 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC (in my mind)
7,947 posts, read 8,938,566 times
Reputation: 4210
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsanda View Post
A new 800,000 sq ft residential and retail area will soon be developed at exit 114 on I-30 in Benton. According to the info from the City Council meeting, there is indeed a shopping center going in at that location & the developer of the center already has letters of intent from several companies. This will be huge for the area, and good for me, as it's only 25 miles away.

Companies Rumored to Go In -
Macy's, IKEA, Hobby Lobby, Dave & Buster's, AQ Chicken, Eureka Pizza

Benton Town Center PDF -
http://www.theretailconnection.net/u...6101735056.pdf
Where did you see that IKEA was going in? I highly doubt the Little Rock metro would get an IKEA. They are usually only in 2 million+ metro areas. I would have a difficult time believing even Memphis could get one let alone Little Rock. Also where do you see Macy's? Thats great if thats the case, Central Arkansas is long overdue for a Macy's.

I do however doubt a Macy's would go in alongside stores like Hobby Lobby and Gordman's which have committed to this development.

Last edited by bchris02; 11-24-2012 at 10:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 08:06 AM
 
Location: Malvern, AR
15 posts, read 15,863 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Where did you see that IKEA was going in? I highly doubt the Little Rock metro would get an IKEA. They are usually only in 2 million+ metro areas. I would have a difficult time believing even Memphis could get one let alone Little Rock. Also where do you see Macy's? Thats great if thats the case, Central Arkansas is long overdue for a Macy's.

I do however doubt a Macy's would go in alongside stores like Hobby Lobby and Gordman's which have committed to this development.
Like I said, it was just a rumor. I'm crossing my fingers for the Dave and Busters, but I doubt it will happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top