Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,151 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about the schools in Conway area? I am also going to need a job, home to rent (animal friendly), what is the crime rate, college for me.....I know this is alot but hoping someone out there knows something about the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 12:17 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,903,825 times
I can answer some of your questions. Conway is booming, especially in the IT sector, and probably others. School - good public schools and a Catholic school system, two colleges are University of Central Arkansas and Hendrix College. UCA is a state college and Hendrix is an expensive private college. They may also have technical colleges. Good luck and welcome to The Natural State.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:36 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,130,619 times
Conway is a pretty nice town. Overall its in the top 7-8 communities in the state, IMO. Its a suburb, but also its own city. It has a downtown and three colleges. Old neighborhoods, and new ones. Good place to move to.

Old 12-25-2013, 05:51 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,270,385 times
Conway is considered very desirable, and I believe their school system is supposed to be excellent.

Here's City-Data's profile on Conway, in case you didn't see it - about a quarter of the way down is a chart with crime stats through 2011. Almost halfway down is a list of the universities in the area, and below that is a list of K-12 public and private schools. Some rankings of K-12 are also included here: Conway, AR schools - ratings for public & private schools - Trulia.com

My only con to Conway is the traffic - Conway has simply boomed in the last 10 years or so and there are areas where it is kind of heavy and you'd best know where you're headed if you want to end up there. I am directionally challenged (yes, that's my own word/phrase) and for some reason I just can't get where I'm going the first try :-)

It's a great mix of old and new, convenient to Little Rock and state outdoor attractions. FWIW, I don't believe Conway has a breed ban in place at this time....that's a big plus for a lot of dog owners....then again, you may have cats! I would imagine the rental market can get fairly tight because of all the colleges, but I'm not sure about that - and the availability may be seasonal depending on where we are in the school year.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:05 PM

14 posts, read 44,487 times
What is driving an IT sector boom in Conway? I know that HP came and vastly over-promised and under-delivered; out of curiosity for my own ambitions, what else is going on in Conway IT?

Old 01-22-2014, 07:55 AM

8 posts, read 8,700 times
given a choice, Conway or Maumelle

Old 01-22-2014, 09:00 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkIll View Post
What is driving an IT sector boom in Conway? I know that HP came and vastly over-promised and under-delivered; out of curiosity for my own ambitions, what else is going on in Conway IT?
Audience Operating System, Data and Decision Sciences - Acxiom started in Conway but the HQ moved to Little Rock. I'm pretty sure the data center portion is still in Conway.

There's also another company there. Maybe Perot Systems or some other consulting company. I have (maybe he is still there) a friend that works in Conway on mainframe projects.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:39 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,903,825 times
I read in todays paper that HP is repaying some of the money the state advanced them because they didn't fulfill the promise of employees hired, but in that same report they are now anticipating hiring about 500 to support the insurance industry, but I don't remember the specifics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area