U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2014, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,317 times

Advertisements

I currently live in the Gravel Ridge area. We are planning on moving into a bigger house for our growing family. The places we are looking to buy a house include: Sherwood, Jacksonville. North Little Rock and Maumelle. I am unsure about the schools. Which schools are the best? I understand that Jacksonville will soon be getting its own district, so I am unsure how that will affect the quality of the schools in Jacksonville. I am also concerned about the safety of these cities. Just an FYI, we are looking at houses that are around $250,000 to 320,000 so we will living in the middle class areas wherever we decide to go. Thanks in advance for any input you may have!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 10:53 AM

701 posts, read 629,346 times
if schools and safety are two of your major concerns, then you probably need to look at cabot. they have 9 elementary schools, so young families are apparently moving there and staying. i know several and the parents and kids are happy with the move.

you will be 15-20 mins from nlr, 30 mins to lr and 35-40 from west lr. rush hour traffic would, of course, be different.

btw, i do not live or own property in cabot. schools are not a priority for me at this time.

while i know little about the schools in maumelle, i would say it was the safest of the 4 places you mentioned. i did do some research about a year ago on the little rock area, before buying in west little rock.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:53 PM

43 posts, read 81,474 times
Also, in your price range you may find West Little Rock appealing, across the river from Maumelle.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:23 AM

335 posts, read 464,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisalisa80 View Post
I currently live in the Gravel Ridge area. We are planning on moving into a bigger house for our growing family. The places we are looking to buy a house include: Sherwood, Jacksonville. North Little Rock and Maumelle. I am unsure about the schools. Which schools are the best? I understand that Jacksonville will soon be getting its own district, so I am unsure how that will affect the quality of the schools in Jacksonville. I am also concerned about the safety of these cities. Just an FYI, we are looking at houses that are around $250,000 to 320,000 so we will living in the middle class areas wherever we decide to go. Thanks in advance for any input you may have!
There are houses in Maumelle in your price range, according to Zillow and Trulia searches for that zip code. A lot of the neighbors will be in upper middle class.

Maumelle is very safe and you'll live there comfortably with some trips to west Little Rock and downtown Little Rock depending on what you want to do. That commute is typical for most people living there because they travel for work, pick up children from school, etc.

There are plenty of school buses taking children to schools in Little Rock and some to North Little Rock. The public schools were ok when I was there, but that was 10 years ago. I never felt like the school was dangerous because we always had security at school and a police officer keeping an eye on a lot of people. It was relatively easy for me to meet people and make friends so we were always in big groups at school.

If private school is an option for you, look into Pulaski Academy in west Little Rock. I knew someone who lived in Maumelle and sent his children to PA. I have heard it can be pricey and that parents are usually upper middle class or upper class people.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:41 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,386,754 times
Our granddaughter went K thru 12 at Pulaski Academy, and yes, it is pricy, but she got a superb education that qualified her for a "full ride" when she started college. Pulaski County has had many problems and I think it will be good for Jacksonville when they split off.

Pride Valley (72211) neighbor hood in west L.R., off Chenal Parkway, is within your price range and is very safe, quite, and diverse. Our daughter and granddaughter have lived there for over 10 years and are very happy there. You can see women walking/jogging/running all hours of the day and evening. This includes our granddaughter. Baker Elementary is a Pulaski County school but has a superb reputation, and Roberts Elementary is farther out west, is a new Little Rock school but also has a superb reputation.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:33 PM

3 posts, read 3,335 times
I grew up in Conway Ar, and i went to the schools and graduated. i have to say its the best school district around, Conway schools have some of the highest test scores in the nation, all of the teachers are hand picked by the superintendent, i loved going to conway schools. The town is very safe also, there are of course small crimes here and there, but nothing that you won't see other places. Its cheap to live here and there is a lot to do in terms of entertainment for children. Its cheaper to buy a house here than rent so its a great place to raise a family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or