Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2014, 06:43 AM

112 posts, read 173,029 times

Advertisements

On a recent trip to LR, inadvertently turned south off I-630 onto S. Woodrow St down as far as W. 20th/Calvary cemetery area. My opinion at the time was that we should move on and head back north of 630, actually looking for W. 9th St which we found a little time later. Were my concerns for this area unfounded?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 02:46 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,901,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. DarcyJones View Post
On a recent trip to LR, inadvertently turned south off I-630 onto S. Woodrow St down as far as W. 20th/Calvary cemetery area. My opinion at the time was that we should move on and head back north of 630, actually looking for W. 9th St which we found a little time later. Were my concerns for this area unfounded?
You probably would have had no problem in the day time, but I avoid that area any way, and there is no way I would go in there at night. There are only isolated incidents in there, but I don't choose to be one of them. As in any neighborhood, most of the residents are good people but a few bad ones can give the whole neighborhood a bad name.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:53 AM

99 posts, read 176,330 times
The futher north and west you go, the more suburbish it gets. Southeast little rock going down towards 530 is a great quiet area. North of 630 in mid-town area is a great .

Old 09-15-2014, 10:11 AM

697 posts, read 1,774,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. DarcyJones View Post
No, there's valid cause for concern in that area. During the day most of the south of 630 region is fine and I never felt very concerned, but not somewhere I'd spend a whole lot of time. At night there are some crime issues for sure in that area. There are areas south of 630 that are much nicer than that part, but the general rule of "stay north of 630" is mostly a good guideline. (Exceptions: Some of the Quapaw/Governor's Mansion area is very nice, Fair Park neighborhood is a decent little strip, and there are some decent areas the farther west you go as well).

Old 09-16-2014, 03:32 AM

112 posts, read 173,029 times
Next time I'm in LR I'll keep north east. Sherwood was a nice area...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
View detailed profiles of: