Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 08:07 PM

3 posts, read 7,595 times

Advertisements

I've not heard anything bad about Miss Carrie's. I know when they take children in their van, they make certain they are in appropriat car seat, etc. There's also a daycare at Acxion named Kidco. I don't know if they are only for employees. There's also Sea How We Grow. I know this is a very hard decision and with any place, you are going to find people who love the place or hate the place no matter where you go. Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 07:51 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,313,568 times
You might give First UMC a look-see. They have a Monday/Wednesday/Friday program and a separate Tuesday/Thursday program, but you can enroll your child in both (if I heard correctly) programs to give you 5-day a week care.

The First UMC programs are quite popular with the Hendrix folks; the church is only a short distance from the college.

Best wishes.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:04 AM

34 posts, read 130,604 times
I just moved here (a job at UCA) and bought one of the suburban garages on the west side with a house attached, mostly because it was a lot of house for the money, its location is close to campus, its setting is peaceful, and I won't have to spend valuable time doing too many fix-ups. It's along a hike/bike trail, and in the week or so that I've been here I've seen some wonderful wildlife (rabbits, snakes, etc.) in addition to an abundance of health-conscious people.

Regarding the question about a farmers market: There's one near downtown on Saturday mornings, and I heard that it also occurs one or two days during the week, but I haven't confirmed this yet.

With the announcement of the new Hewlett Packard plant, I imagine home prices will soon rise.

The drive to Little Rock for entertainment or shopping is not bad at all, especially when you don't have to do it during the commuting hours. I caught a show of experimental jazz in downtown Little Rock a few days ago that was outstanding. After talking to people in the audience, I am convinced that in terms of arts and entertainment, Little Rock is something like a small version of Austin in the making.

An added bonus: people in this area are quite friendly!

Old 07-20-2008, 12:00 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,247,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo2007 View Post

The drive to Little Rock for entertainment or shopping is not bad at all, especially when you don't have to do it during the commuting hours. I caught a show of experimental jazz in downtown Little Rock a few days ago that was outstanding. After talking to people in the audience, I am convinced that in terms of arts and entertainment, Little Rock is something like a small version of Austin in the making.

An added bonus: people in this area are quite friendly!
While comparing it to Austin might be a but of a stretch, I agree that Little Rock offers much more than it is given credit for. Its pitiful how negatively this city is perceived by both the rest of Arkansas and the entire US. If Little Rock could change its image, then it really could become the next boom town.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,132 times
Default Welcome To Conway

Hey Guys! Welcome to Conway. I moved here several years ago and lived in Large cities and learned to transition to a smaller way of living. It has been an adjustment, but now I really like it. As a Loan Officer here, I have seen more and more out of state folks like myself moving here and really enjoying it. They are obviously getting more bang for their buck and the slower pace of life seems to agree with most. Naturally, there are adjustments, but that is where friends come into play. I hope you are successful here and you will like UCA alot. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at [EMAIL="jeffscar1@aol.com"]jeffscar1@aol.com[/EMAIL]

Old 05-27-2009, 12:12 PM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffscar1 View Post
Hey Guys! Welcome to Conway. I moved here several years ago and lived in Large cities and learned to transition to a smaller way of living. It has been an adjustment, but now I really like it. As a Loan Officer here, I have seen more and more out of state folks like myself moving here and really enjoying it. They are obviously getting more bang for their buck and the slower pace of life seems to agree with most. Naturally, there are adjustments, but that is where friends come into play. I hope you are successful here and you will like UCA alot. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at jeffscar1@aol.com
That sounds great, Jeff. It's a refereshing breath of air after a run of gloom and doom threads.

It's nice that people encounter you early on in the process so you can relate the area and state to them first hand.

Is the housing market stable in Conway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area