Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 11:30 PM

49 posts, read 88,374 times

Advertisements

How safe is Little Rock?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2022, 02:12 PM

82 posts, read 167,373 times
Statistically, the city proper has a higher than average crime rate...and there are definitely areas of town to avoid. Practically, I think it's just fine. I've lived here my whole 50+ years, in historic neighborhoods and downtown, and have had zero issues (short of my bike getting stolen what I was 10!)...but I'm a dataset of one.

Old 09-18-2023, 07:54 PM

774 posts, read 367,879 times
It totally depends on where you live. We're at the end of Aldersgate Rd off Kanis, where there's several senior apt developments and medical facilities. Its very safe because there are no Stop-N-Rob late night stores to attract trouble.

The surrounding areas go from lower working class to middle class Black folks. The worst of it might be dicey at night but I never go through there then, and in the day its fine except for a LOT of of big dogs running around w/o a leash. When you get to Col. Glenn and head towards University and the college, you are definitely in the ghetto. It's not safe there, and it looks pretty awful. Overall Little Rock does have serious crime problems when you look at the statistics. We do hear gunshots occasionally at night even in our safe area.

The most dangerous thing in Little Rock to me is the drivers. Wow, cruising through red lights, driving 60 mph on little roads zoned for 30 mph, crazy wide turns that take up both lanes, everyone seemingly on their phones while driving. It's hands down the most unsafe place I've ever biked, not only for those reasons, but there are hardly any bike lanes (or bike consciousness), and most of the roads don't have a shoulder, just a steep drop to a ditch.

Old 09-19-2023, 05:29 PM

82 posts, read 167,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenMM View Post
It's hands down the most unsafe place I've ever biked, not only for those reasons, but there are hardly any bike lanes (or bike consciousness), and most of the roads don't have a shoulder, just a steep drop to a ditch.
The city has been actively adding bike lanes all over town, which is a plus.

Old 09-22-2023, 01:25 PM

369 posts, read 1,295,290 times
Violent crime in LR proper is isolated to a couple small areas. Don't be on Baseline selling drugs or prostituting, and you'll be fine in Little Rock.

Old 09-23-2023, 10:50 AM

6,618 posts, read 4,060,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Pulaski Player View Post
Violent crime in LR proper is isolated to a couple small areas. Don't be on Baseline selling drugs or prostituting, and you'll be fine in Little Rock.

That's a very narrow definition of safety. If your car is broken into, your house burglarized, if you're subjected to verbal harassment, aggressive dogs running free...all of that contributes to lack of safety without being 'violent crime'.

People who kill their drug trade rivals and rob liquor stores don't go home and then suddenly turn into 'how do you do, neighbor?' types who you want to invite over for a couples evening.

Old 09-27-2023, 06:30 PM

140 posts, read 253,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
That's a very narrow definition of safety. If your car is broken into, your house burglarized, if you're subjected to verbal harassment, aggressive dogs running free...all of that contributes to lack of safety without being 'violent crime'.

People who kill their drug trade rivals and rob liquor stores don't go home and then suddenly turn into 'how do you do, neighbor?' types who you want to invite over for a couples evening.
You'd be surprised...VERY surprised, in fact.

Old 10-03-2023, 08:34 PM

471 posts, read 817,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenMM View Post
When you get to Col. Glenn and head towards University and the college, you are definitely in the ghetto. It's not safe there, and it looks pretty awful.
What is a ghetto?

Old 10-04-2023, 05:03 AM

4,481 posts, read 4,527,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosstimbers Okie View Post
What is a ghetto?
Definition of: 'ghetto' is: ''. Learn more at: 'https://www.dictionary.com/browse/ghetto'

Old 10-04-2023, 05:23 PM

471 posts, read 817,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Definition of: 'ghetto' is: ''. Learn more at: 'https://www.dictionary.com/browse/ghetto'
So, there are a lot of Jews there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area