U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 03-12-2007, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,424 times
Default Relocating to Benton

My husband starts a new job in Benton, Arkansas in July. We are looking at houses in the Bryant school district because we have two young children. We are looking for a neighborhood with lots of young children -- I will be a stay-at-home mom and am interested in areas where I might meet other stay-at-home moms (this is a first for me... I've had a career for 18 years).
Our housing budget is $250,000 - $300,000 and we have a Realtor. We have looked in the Hurricane Lake area and like the idea of living on a lake or on a small acreage.
Any recommendations for areas we might look at? Also, any ideas for how I might meet other moms?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 03-13-2007, 05:29 PM

27 posts, read 80,536 times
Hurricane Lake Estates is nice. There are other neighborhoods where you'd get more for your money, however; you really pay a lot of money to be able to say, "I live in HLE".

Most people here, just like the rest of Arkansas, meet their best friends at work and church. My wife is a stay-at-home wife in Benton, and the quality of life here is excellent. All of the nicer neighborhoods will be a smart decision, as the economy is booming in the southern suburbs of LR.

Unread 03-14-2007, 12:42 PM

3 posts, read 15,366 times
Benton/Bryant is a wonderful area. My only recommendation is to look & see how close your home is being built next to another. Homes here need to breathe or atleast thats what they told me. I have a close friend that bought a home in that area & is now having mold problems for that reason.

Unread 11-30-2007, 06:31 PM

2 posts, read 6,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotfromkansas View Post
My husband starts a new job in Benton, Arkansas in July. We are looking at houses in the Bryant school district because we have two young children. We are looking for a neighborhood with lots of young children -- I will be a stay-at-home mom and am interested in areas where I might meet other stay-at-home moms (this is a first for me... I've had a career for 18 years).
Our housing budget is $250,000 - $300,000 and we have a Realtor. We have looked in the Hurricane Lake area and like the idea of living on a lake or on a small acreage.
Any recommendations for areas we might look at? Also, any ideas for how I might meet other moms?
I guess you have moved and settled in by now, I am just reading your post. If you moved to Hurricane Lake, you moved to the right area for kids and moms! I hope you like Bryant, we moved here from Little Rock. Let me know if you find a good church here, with friendly people, we are church shopping right now.

Unread 12-03-2007, 08:13 PM

4 posts, read 10,181 times
Hello! I'm not sure what kind of church you are looking for but we attend Family Church in Bryant. It is a non-denominational church. We have good worship and their are programs for children to teenagers. The youth group is good and my children have made some very good friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area