Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 4,287 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,
I have been reading all the threads on the AR list and AR does sound wonderful. Now, I am not familiar with traveling distance in AR, what I want to do is state my situation and then see what people think:

I am getting a new job in Little Rock, AR. I have a wife and a 4 year old kid. I am looking to move into an area that would allow me to get at least 2 acres of land, No-Deed Restricted community. I want to be close in driving distance to Little Rock, can drive upto 45 minutes for work. I am an outdoors type of person, but my wife is a city girl. Since our kid will be starting Kindergarden this fall, need a place where the education system is good. Anyone have thoughts and suggestions. Also, if you do mention a certain area, please state how far it is from Little Rock.

Thank you and look forward to the answers...........

Rick from FL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 02:12 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times
Bryant sounds good with your talk of land and you want a good school system (not that Little Rock School District doesn't have good schools).
It's about 25 miles away from Little Rock.
A massage therapist I went to said she lives in Bryant and her commute to North Little Rock takes about 15-20 minutes...I guess she's going 70 most of the time...

Old 02-19-2009, 08:05 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times
A lot of people who work in Little Rock live in Sheridan but thats a pretty hefty commute. Benton/Bryant might be your best bet. Cabot is also a very popular, growing bedroom community. Little Rock is not a very big town, so even if you live in the middle of town you don't have to drive far to get to nature.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:05 PM

985 posts, read 2,600,195 times
I'd second the Benton/Bryant area, they are both pretty safe, have groceries/restaurants/shops etc., and are very convenient to LR.

Edit to add- Housing is still pretty affordable in both of these areas as well.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:55 AM

511 posts, read 799,170 times
Takes me about 35 minutes to get to work in downtown LR from Bryant. Only bad thing is if there is a wreck on the interstate, you are screwed. Two weeks ago, it took me three hours to get home cuz of a wreck. The traffic in this area is just ridiculous

Old 02-20-2009, 06:01 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
Takes me about 35 minutes to get to work in downtown LR from Bryant. Only bad thing is if there is a wreck on the interstate, you are screwed. Two weeks ago, it took me three hours to get home cuz of a wreck. The traffic in this area is just ridiculous
It's not as bad as in some areas.
I've heard of some businesses flying in employees and making sure they get here around prime time traffic...and they say it's not that bad compared to other areas.
My biggest pet peeve is people who don't turn on their signals before making a turn!

Old 02-20-2009, 07:12 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,757,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
It's not as bad as in some areas.
I've heard of some businesses flying in employees and making sure they get here around prime time traffic...and they say it's not that bad compared to other areas.
My biggest pet peeve is people who don't turn on their signals before making a turn!
LOL so that was you I cut off the other day???

Old 02-20-2009, 07:19 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,312,635 times
For a large tract of land with great natural characteristics within 45 minutes of LR, I would typically recommend Perry County -- maybe Wye, Bigelow, or the Harris Brake area. Unfortunately, however, the schools in Perry County are not great.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:26 AM

5 posts, read 23,297 times
The Cabot/ Beebe area is nice and not very far. Also the Heber Springs Area is ok it is about 55-60 miles away and has a beautiful lake and river. I live in Rose Bud which is about 10 miles south of Heber and my mom drove from rb to little rock for 15 years.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:44 PM

50 posts, read 165,590 times
I lived in Jacksonville when I was in Arkansas - there are some really nice homes in that area. If you are looking for land - you might consider Viloina or the area between Jacksonville and Viloina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area