U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-28-2009, 05:17 PM

4 posts, read 5,137 times
Default Building in Bryant

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and my husband and I are currently living in Calgary, and are building a house in Bryant for our move in about 16 months. My son and his family live in Bryant and I really like the area. Is there any negatives that you can share along with the positives?

Also the hubby is wondering if tyvek paper is a requirement for a wrap when building a brick house? We asked our builder and he said he never uses tyvek with brick as it can cause many problems. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 01:24 PM

3 posts, read 4,940 times
I have lived in Bryant for almost 20 years, great place to live! I guess the biggest problem we have is growth, with it comes some undesireables from Little Rock! You just have to be careful nowadays wherever you live. The other thing is the city has more money than they know what to do with, and keep asking for more from one place or another. We are building a 13 million dollar community center, and new schools, and along with new stores coming in all the time , everything you really need is within 5-10 mins., including a hospital 5 mins. away.
Not sure about your building question. Overall a great place to live!!
Good luck in your move!!

Old 06-29-2009, 08:20 PM

2,943 posts, read 1,954,040 times
It doesn't sound like Tyvek or any other house wrap is part of the local building codes or your builder would be using it. I had the option of wrapping my house but I went with styrofoam insulation blown into each wall cavity after the black board was put up. The go through the house with this big spray gun and shoot this stuff in. As it cures, it expands to fill half of the wall cavity. The builder went back and put in the standard pink insulation as well.

It has saved us a ton of money. We have over 4,000 sf of living space and our electric bill last month was $120. It will be a little higher this month because the temps have been hovering around 100 each day.

-Robert

Old 07-28-2009, 04:44 PM

61 posts, read 125,510 times
I think youll find Bryant a great place to live. The only thing that may bother you is the drivers. I swear I dont know if some took Drivers Ed =) And the way the exits are situated you get on and off in funny places sometimes. Other than that Its agreat place to live. Glad you get to be close with your family!!!

Old 07-29-2009, 09:51 AM

4 posts, read 5,137 times
Hi again,

am looking forward to the move, wish it was sooner though.

Any one familar with the Meadowlake Sub Division?

Old 11-05-2009, 12:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,405 times
Hello....I have built 3 houses in Bryant and have used tyvek wrap on all of then over the plywood/blandex, also i use 2'' wide aluminum tape over the window flanges where they fasten to the plywood, maybe an overkill but i think it helps on drafts.All but one house was all brick.....Just makes a tighter house .I have never had any type of moister problem with any of them....Lot of builders are cutting corners on things you can't see on the finished product....also have lived in the MeadowLake subdivison for several years....BEWARE of the water problems in the south end of the subdivison,it has flooded several times...they have a owners covenant but no one abides by it.....lots of young kids playing in the street. I think you could do better on the same budget.

Last edited by Bryant Dude; 11-05-2009 at 12:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area