U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-05-2009, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 3,108 times
Default How is the Bryant area public school system?

Hello LR forum members,

I have been exploring the Bryant area as I am considering a move to the Little Rock area. Bryant seems to be a nice town to live. However, I would need some advice about elementary and high schools in Bryant. How are they compared to LR schooll system? Central High in Little Rock seems to be rated quite high. Are the Bryant schools quite good? I have never lived in Central Arkansas. Thank you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 11:30 AM

1,703 posts, read 4,097,070 times
Bryant schools are generally considered among the better schools in the state and certainly among the best in Central Arkansas.

Depending upon where you're moving from, that might be a good thing -- or it might be scary. Remember, especially if you are moving from a state with a great, highly-regarded education system, that even the best school systems in Arkansas wouldn't even make it to mediocre in some states.

Best wishes.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:13 PM

61 posts, read 126,832 times
Both my kids are in Bryant PSD. I was told they were the best when we moved here and that I just had to have my kids in there from ppl that I had met through family. I have not had any problems or concerns. Hurricane Creek elementary seems to be the best. Bryant Elem has a lot of kids and the building is older They added a 10th Kindergarten class this year bc of over population. Hurricane Creek is brand new. You will have to attend whichever school you are zoned into so where you live is key. Bryant High School is getting a major facelift right now. As far as grades and acedemics you can check out greatschools.net and get more info or the school website Bryant Public Schools I must warn you the website looks like a popularity contest. Good luck. Sorry to sound so bah humbug Im feeling a little under the weather right now =)

Old 12-15-2009, 04:16 PM

26 posts, read 40,892 times
While Central High School is full of history and very diverse, and the school is rated a 5 (greatschools.net) you would have to live in that area to attend that school, and it is not in the best area of Little Rock. We lived in Bryant for 15 years. Our daughter graduated from Bryant High School. It is rated higher academically, not very diverse, and it has it's problems. Our daughter played basketball for Bryant. The coaches (both women) were complete psycho's. Our daughter tore both ACL's and had 4 surgeries. They never called her to check on her. (!@#$%^) I begged her to quit, but she said being on the team gave her protection in the school. She is graduating from the University of Arkansas this week. She was on an academic scholarship. Which one you choose depends on a lot of different criteria. Bryant is pretty country, by that I mean redneck (hey I'm a southern girl so no one get there panties in a wad over that), pretty safe. We were never robbed in Bryant, sometimes did not lock our doors. Go to both of the areas and see if you would feel comfortable living there.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:04 PM

838 posts, read 1,360,031 times
Quote:
While Central High School is full of history and very diverse, and the school is rated a 5 (greatschools.net) you would have to live in that area to attend that school, and it is not in the best area of Little Rock.
Actually, Central is a magnet, so you can live anywhere in the city. You just have to apply and be one of the ones accepted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area