Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2010, 09:06 AM

3 posts, read 3,849 times

Advertisements

I will be relocating to the Conway area within the next few months because of a new job.. I'm mainly looking for a nice place to stay. I prefer to stay in Conway, but North Little Rock may be okay as well. A 1 BR, I don't own pets nor any furniture, so I prefer a place that at least come with a washer/dryer and maybe some appliances.

How is this community. I know it is small compared to the bigger cities. Will this be a place for a recent college grad to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 09:53 AM

837 posts, read 2,249,173 times
I would think NLR might be a better fit, if you like to go out. Conway is in a dry county.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:38 AM

87 posts, read 142,999 times
I don't know much about NLR, but I lived in Conway for 4 years while going to school. Conway is called the "City of Colleges" because they have UCA, Hendrix, and Central Baptist College. It is a dry county, but I think they've got a bar now right behind UCA. Lots of strips malls, restaraunts, and college students on the road. Roads get a little crazy on Fridays when everyone is haulin' it off campus. Lots of apartments, but consider college students WILL be your neighbors. It's got that small town feel, but everything you'd need is pretty much in town. A couple McDonald's, two WalMarts, Target, Home Depot, and other big businesses. The commute from NLR to Conway might kinda suck. Two lane roads the whole way, but it's a nice drive w/o traffic. I moved about a year ago, and once you get into downtown, the roads really start to suck. When it rains a lot, the roads start to flood. Conway's pretty big about supporting UCA's football. All in all, it'd be a great place to live for you. Where are you from? Liquor is only 15 minutes in either direction out of town. Depending on what your into, they do have some nice public lakes, and a couple dinky parks, and a larger one outside of town. Between the City police and UCA's police that patrols slightly outside of their own campus, you feel safe with all the police presence. If you want to help with a washer/dryer for an apt, let me know. I can refer to you some of the better apartments. Conway has much better, much newer, and MUCH cheaper apartments than you're prob used to. I don't know for sure, but I think NLR apartments are more expensive. NLR is an older town, and I believe they have a higher crime rate.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:58 AM

837 posts, read 2,249,173 times
one good thing about the commute, though, is it'd be a reverse one.

I confess I don't know much about Conway, so someone like Trever could definitely be more helpful.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:54 PM

3 posts, read 3,849 times
just sent you a pm Trevor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area