U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 09:01 AM

1,633 posts, read 2,983,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni-b View Post
tell me, would you send this back?
Flour tortillas????

C'mon, girl. Tell me somebody else ordered those.

*Years* ago, I went to a taqueria with a Mexican friend. We went to order, I siad flour tortillas, his head snapped over and he said, "TRY......THE.....CORN".

After the waiter walked away, he said, "Only gringos eat flour tortillas".

WELL!!!

The last time I looked in the mirror.....

Anyway, out of fear he may walk in, I have always eaten corn tortillas in a Mexican setting, and never regretted it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 08:11 PM

838 posts, read 1,360,031 times
those WERE corn, yo.

you ain't gotta tell me.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:48 PM

been really busy this week, so not many fun activities but lots of dining out, including comfort food from two old childhood favorites: The Villa and the Oyster Bar.

The Villa doesn't feel the same as it did when I was a kid, since it moved from its old, dark storefront on South University to a brightly decorated location on Bowman. but the house salad and bread are exactly the same, and that's what I was craving, along with a glass of chardonnay, and the eggplant parmigiana. it's not necessarily the best or my favorite Italian joint in town, but for some reason it was just what I wanted and it hit the spot.

the Oyster Bar on the other hand is EXACTLY the same, from the jukebox to the make-your-own-cocktail-sauce bar to the rustic atmosphere. well, the pool tables are gone, but in a way that's good because now there are tables by the windows, and we always seem to end up at the same one. I usually have the oyster po'boy, but again, I was in the mood for comfort food so I had the shrimp etoufee with garlic bread. nom.

last night we took a little trip to Leon's in Pine Bluff, for some of the best catfish in the state. also pitchers of iced tea and baskets of hushpuppies with cheese dip (I know! but try it, it's awesome) and coleslaw and tomato relish. they also have shrimp several ways, and ribs, and steak, but I'm the kind of person when I go to catfish place, I eat catfish. I could only finish half, so leftovers today!

Old 06-06-2010, 09:04 PM

why thanks, guys!

http://twitter.com/40NightsORock/status/14566888177

(via:'40 Days of Rock...' footage from WWT | Rock Candy | Arkansas Times)

Old 06-11-2010, 10:27 PM

I'm just back from a week in Jacksonville, FL for work. working nights, and came back this morning on a 5:30 am flight after my shift, so I am still recovering a bit. (the flight from ATL to LIT was shared with a South African taekwondo team. at firstI was thinking soccer, I guess because of the World Cup, but taekwondo certainly made more sense!)

so I may not be doing much this weekend, me. what's up with you guys? share something fun that can maybe tempt me out of the house!

Old 06-13-2010, 12:44 PM

9,000 posts, read 8,708,548 times
Did you ever visit the Brown Sugar Bakeshop Jenni-B?

Their chocolate chip cookies are DELICIOUS and they're only a $1.00. They are as big as your hand.

They're open Tuesday-Saturday 9am to 5pm in the River Market.

My week is not going to be all that exciting.
Work, summer class, and volunteering.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:28 PM

I have not but I will definitely check it out as soon as possible!

my weekend has been playing catchup with laundry and groceries and whatnot. not much fun! plus is it me or is it HOT!!?!?

Old 06-13-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
I have not but I will definitely check it out as soon as possible!

my weekend has been playing catchup with laundry and groceries and whatnot. not much fun! plus is it me or is it HOT!!?!?
Trust me, it's hot.

I try to take my dogs walking before 10:00am and after 7:00pm.
I try not to spend more than 30 seconds in my car without the air on.

Old 06-20-2010, 03:38 PM

I spent a lot of time this weekend in Argenta: Friday night at the Artwalk (and browsing Galaxie Furniture/Paddywacks/Hunka Pie, ohhh I love that store) and Saturday morning at the farmer's market. Argenta is truly one of the best neighborhoods in town these days, with all the restaurants, shops, and bars on Main Street within walking distance, and downtown Little Rock just a trolley ride away.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I spent a lot of time this weekend in Argenta: Friday night at the Artwalk (and browsing Galaxie Furniture/Paddywacks/Hunka Pie, ohhh I love that store) and Saturday morning at the farmer's market. Argenta is truly one of the best neighborhoods in town these days, with all the restaurants, shops, and bars on Main Street within walking distance, and downtown Little Rock just a trolley ride away.
I love the town homes in the area but they are WAAAAY too expensive for most people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area