Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 10:43 PM

42 posts, read 113,435 times

Advertisements

Are there any Hawaiian people in the UK? I doubt it, but if there is any, let me know how your experience's are living so far away from home.

I'm actually planning on relocating, and London sounds like a nice choice.

Faith Folau.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 03:40 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
I'm not from Hawaii but am curious as to why you would want to change the idyllic paradise that every one thinks of Hawaii for that of the urban sprawl,traffic chaos, and crappy weather of big city London? i'd certainly recommend a several week exploratory vacation before going through all the immigration bureaucracy to a place you may end up not liking.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:00 AM

591 posts, read 925,917 times
If there is, it will be a handful. I cant see it happening tbh.

As the postee about says, why would anyone change that lifestyle for the hell that is London.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:02 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
If there is, it will be a handful. I cant see it happening tbh.

As the postee about says, why would anyone change that lifestyle for the hell that is London.
Lol it's not all about sunshine and rainbows I'm from the Caribbean myself originally and I loved England, even the weather!

Old 01-30-2011, 03:51 PM

42 posts, read 113,435 times
I like cold weather, I was born and raised here I need a change. I also like rain.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:11 PM

482 posts, read 2,418,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfolau View Post
Are there any Hawaiian people in the UK? I doubt it, but if there is any, let me know how your experience's are living so far away from home.

I'm actually planning on relocating, and London sounds like a nice choice.

Faith Folau.
Have you considered Singapore? Has the Hawaii climate while also having the economic opportunities of London... As well, it would be a lot closer to home and they speak English there as well.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:03 PM

1,049 posts, read 1,606,193 times
While hawaii can be the paradise everyone thinks it is at times, it's still home to those that live there, and that comes with all the problems that any place would have. Also, for those of you who arent familiar with the poster's location, Ewa Beach is on Oahu, just outside of Honolulu.. The cost of living is probably among the highest in the USA, food costs are through the roof, since everything has to be shipped in. Honolulu is the definition of urban sprawl, with rather large traffic jams, housing costs are through the roof, and one of the main problems they have that most other cities aren't faced with is that they are running out of space. Living in hawaii and vacationing in hawaii are two very different things. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to live there, im just pointing out some ideas on why the poster might want to leave. London is a completely different culture, yet the language is (more or less) the same, so its not as hard to adjust to life there as it would in some countries, also the reason it's enticing is because it's different. Variety is the spice of life.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:23 PM

6,038 posts, read 5,950,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajau View Post
Have you considered Singapore? Has the Hawaii climate while also having the economic opportunities of London... As well, it would be a lot closer to home and they speak English there as well.
My take would be Singapore for all it's charms isn't London and dare i say even a little boring. London has so many dimensions to it as well as having an edge.
It has problems but is an experience that should be taken if at all possible.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:27 PM

6,038 posts, read 5,950,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfolau View Post
I like cold weather, I was born and raised here I need a change. I also like rain.
Fully agree. London is a great experience when in need of a change.
Of course in time you will wanting a change from London as well,but how easy is that with so many interesting places on your door step.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:02 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
I'll bet you there's more than 100 Hawaiians living in London.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London