Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 08:08 AM

994 posts, read 1,236,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
You'll note, of course, that in every post on this subject I haven't used inflammatory language, insults or an aggressive tone - merely stating my point backed up with official statistics.

It's a shame that all too often people who don't agree with it resort to lazy and predictable abuse and makes them as intolerant as the genuine racists who cause misery for black people in London.

I should know, I'm black myself.
Being black yourself does not mean you are talking any less rubbish

Old 07-18-2013, 10:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,262 times
Default Dangerous areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
I'm thick, coming from the bigot. Ok, I provided facts - you make a racist sluur. Yeah, think it is you doing the idiotic rambling.
You call him a 'bigot' because he states a well know fact?

Although I am of black (Australian Aboriginal) heritage I am quite aware that it is sadly the truth that this assertion is correct. It is a socio-economic reality. And pathetic head- in- the-sand avoidance of the state of things does Not help. The big losers in mega cities like London would really be best out of it, for their own as well as the general populations well being. Large estates of impoverished people would be best demolished and their residents relocated to rural areas where life is generally easier when one is on a limited budget and confronted by the day to day mundane that is inherent in an existence without means whilst constantly being confronted by the all pervasive opulence that really is the shop window of this financial capital of the world.

It's a real shame that most of these forums end up the domain of trolls :-D when making any submission try to keep it objective

Old 07-18-2013, 11:38 AM

16,655 posts, read 17,419,998 times
What makes you think that things would be easier in rural areas?

There is a lot of hidden poverty in such areas and things like lack of public transport can make it more difficult for people to get work. Rural communities ending up spending a higher percentage of income on running cars.

Work may be seasonal and in many areas even that may not be available.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:44 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,270,543 times
They think it's all over...

It is now...

Welcome to the lock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London